Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 09-21-2006, 10:58 PM
LawnSite Member

JOHN DEER has a new cordless impact that works well with changing blades or tires it sells for about 265.00
Old 09-22-2006, 11:28 AM
LawnSite Member

Great! info & advice, It's amazing how much I forgot in 10 years
Thanks to Everybody!!
Old 09-23-2006, 03:55 AM
LawnSite Member

There is a great deal of info here. Thanks you fellas
Old 10-28-2006, 12:08 AM
LawnSite Member

tire maintainance

Get Slime ..it actually works....i have pulled roofing nails out of my tractor tires and it sealed them right up
Old 11-08-2006, 01:16 AM
LawnSite Member

how is it going so far ???

Quote:
Originally Posted by atbomber
hi, my name is andy, and i am in central texas... for the last 5 years i have been a registered nurse in a cardiac icu... prior to that, i worked in lawn/landscaping from gruntwork to sales... i am absolutely fed up with corporate healthcare and want to start my own lawn care business. i have strong knowledge of what grows around here and how to maintain it... what i am looking for here is helpful resources for actually beginning the business, anything from texas self-employment tax laws to billing, pricing, maintenance schedules, advertising, and sales. i plan to begin my business in spring 2006, and hope to have an iron clad plan for expansion from day one. i want this to be my retirement, my day to day livelihood, and my career. i would appreciate anyone's input... thank you very much
HI ANDY I AM FED UP WITH TRUCK DRIVING IN DALLAS IM MOVING TO THE COUNTRY AND GOING TO GIVE IT A TRY IS IT WORKING FOR YOU SO FAR MY TAX MAN TOLD ME JUST GIVE HIM MY RECIEPTS FOR EVERY THING AND DONT WORRY ABOUT ALL THE POLITIC PART OF IT IM NOT SURE THIS IS HOW I REPLY ITS MY FIRST TIME
Old 11-08-2006, 11:15 PM
LawnSite Member

if you are really serious get an accountant to help you the paper work and form an LLC...paper work is a big part of any bussiness and it can overwelm you very quickly...be fare with your pricing but dont work for free just because you dont think that you have enogh customers...trust me they really dont appreciate you working cheap and a legitimate bussiness deserves legitimate pricing...you aint no crack head
Old 11-23-2006, 10:31 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Great advice for the 20th time!

6.5'x10.5' dual axle trailer-FULL of equip.
Old 11-24-2006, 10:15 AM
LawnSite Member

where

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutngrow
i signed today for 300/600 lia ins-----total is $416 for the year----4 pay of $100----every two months until paid----CF insurance-google it
where did you get your lia insurance from... i live in brandon florida.... what all does that cover you for......
Old 11-28-2006, 06:52 PM
LawnSite Member

more tips

If you're hire employees, hire guys who know more than you do about lawn care. pay them as much as you can.

Also, if you are not the one doing the actual mowing, you have to realize what a profit margin is.
If you have guys mow a $25 lawn for you, your expenses (wages for travel and work time, gas, equipment, insurence, ect.) when its all said and done might be $20. You made $5. if you increase you price to $30 you just doubled your profit.
Also, you have to realize that yards on the same street are gold. We average 30-50% more PROFIT on yards next to each other. Do WHATEVER YOU HAVE TO to keep these customers. Suck it up. Kiss their feet. Spend extra time every now and then.

One more thing,
Do extra stuff for people that they are not expecting, BUT ONLY IF THEY WILL NOTICE. If its not obveous you need to mention that you did it for them. Pulling weeds in the flower beds is a good example of this.

-andy
Old 12-12-2006, 11:21 PM
LawnSite Member

software

Does anyone have any suggestions for software? ( billing,books,ect...)thank you: