Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 02-24-2007, 12:16 PM
LawnSite Member

Help with finding a business card

Can anyone help me with finding a good business card lay out or comp. to deal with. I'm just starting out this year and want to have a really nice card to us.
Thanks,
You can email me if it is better.
apuppetdirector@sbcglobal.net
Old 02-24-2007, 12:22 PM
LawnSite Member

Try OvernightPrints.com or VistaPrints.com
Old 02-24-2007, 02:23 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrassGator View Post
Many times you find people who just want a "cheap" price for a "mow, blow and go" job. When I come across one of these I explain to them that the minimum I do is to mow, edge, weedeater and blow the walks. My reasoning is because when I pull away from their house, what the neighbors see that I did is going to be the impression they all have of the quality of work I do. If the job doesn't give the house curb appeal, then the neighbors and others driving by will not think much of my work. The explanation usually works and I get a higher price for my "basic cut". If they don't embrace the explanation and give me the job, I ask them to find someone else because it is my reputation that is at stake when I pull my trailer away from their house.
Thanks Joe,

Very well put. I am starting my very own new lawn care business this season and have so much to learn. This Lawnsite.com is the best thing out there for all of us.
Old 02-25-2007, 09:41 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ;124143
ALWAYS WEAR EAR PROTECTION,,I know that the sound
of the mower sounds kool to us sometimes, But once
you get Tinnutis it NEVER gos away. there is no CURE...
in cass you might not know what Tinnutis, its also called
RINGING IN THE EARS. I have it in my left ear and there
is no cure for it, (Doc) say no cure for it at this time.
things that could cause it,, loud mowers,loud train horns,
loud backpack blowers,I also work at a carwash in the winter all 5 pumps running at the same time not a good thing. if you think a contsant ringing in your ear or ears
would be kool :-(( then DON'T WEAR EAR PROTECTION
CLARKE OWNER CLARKE'S TOTAL LAWN CARE..NO QUEIT NITES EVER!
I hope everyone takes your advice to heart. That high pitched ringing sound will never, I mean never leave you. I have the same problem except in both ears. If you haven't already, try white noise at night. Also, it has been reccommended to me to try Ginko for a few months.
Old 02-26-2007, 01:13 AM
LawnSite Member

Maybe I will get a response in this forum. I am another new guy on the block and thought I had it all planned out until I found this website. I already have a tractor business where I do ok but now I will be going after the lawn business in my area. What do you guys think about a Kubota zd326 diesel z turn with a 60” deck? Should I go with a 72” deck and a larger model? Most of my target area is large 1 acre plus estates in my area so I want something to get it done good, fast, and reliable. What do you guys recommend for a model of blower and edger by Stihl? I have the truck, the trailer and about everything else just need some veteran advice here.
Great site and I hope all your growing seasons last an extra month
Old 03-02-2007, 11:15 AM
LawnSite Member

Hi every one I,am to starting out new this year on my own I have Been working in landscaping for over 20 years for a big nursery but not on my own and not mowing lawns a lot nervous although i would say this is a good start thanks for all the good info all!
Old 03-09-2007, 04:43 PM
LawnSite Member

weedeater dont

Be careful around fence posts, mailboxs and vinal sidding when weedeating. Customers dont want to see their property being destroyed by weedeater string. Dont get to close, if you have to reach down and pull weeds if you think your going to do damage to something. And watch out for windows at all times, you might not even realize you broke one, I've hit them from 40 yards away. Its gonna happen but pay attention and try to minnimize how often it does.
Old 03-09-2007, 05:24 PM
LawnSite Member

fix a flat, god no

I have seen a few people suggest fix a flat (green slime) as a quick fix for flats. From a mechanics stand point that stuff is a mess and a pain in the arss. If you ever have to replace the tire (which you will) who ever does the work will not be happy. If you must use it though be sure to let whoever changes the tire know, the gas it creates can be explosive. I would just keep a plug kit on board and a air tank or small compressor.
Old 03-09-2007, 05:41 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by proweedeater View Post
I have seen a few people suggest fix a flat (green slime) as a quick fix for flats. From a mechanics stand point that stuff is a mess and a pain in the arss. If you ever have to replace the tire (which you will) who ever does the work will not be happy. If you must use it though be sure to let whoever changes the tire know, the gas it creates can be explosive. I would just keep a plug kit on board and a air tank or small compressor.
I just had to replace 2 rims because the Fix A Flat rusted the rims beyond repair(bought the mower used and ran it for yrs and found this problem when it was time to replace the tires),USE A PUG KIT, It will save u $$$$$ in the long run!!
Old 03-20-2007, 03:38 AM
LawnSite Member

eye protection is a must.. ABSOLUTELY...

and ear as well...