Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 07-11-2009, 11:21 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doogiegh View Post
Know this sounds silly, but I am just starting out.. I just loaded up good old Excel and read this entire thread, item by item. I'm gonna post it on the garage wall, it's all the stuff to "Load Every Time Out" list. Some stuff, like Wasp Spray, ear plugs and spare trailer tire are 3 things that I don't currently have, but will as of tommorow, that's for sure. Nothing like a quick checklist and a tool caddy to get it all organized to really help out.

Gary
How do you export a thread into Excel? That is a great idea, i've found tons of stuff in this post that i wouldnt have thoughtof. Thx.

Blossoming Beginnings Landscaping & Design Inc.
www.blossomingb.com

Beautifying the earth one garden at a time...
Old 07-11-2009, 11:33 PM
LawnSite Member

This is very informative and I love your ideas, particularly since I do garden design. Great tips!!

Blossoming Beginnings Landscaping & Design Inc.
www.blossomingb.com

Beautifying the earth one garden at a time...
Old 08-16-2009, 03:51 AM
LawnSite Member

a good thread! =)
Old 10-14-2009, 09:18 PM
LawnSite Member

hi everyone,
I'm Jon and i just started a lawn and tree trimming service in vero beach florida i've been doing this for a few months and havn't done bad, the money is in the trees really av. 15 dollars a palm tree and av. of 10-20 trees per lawn. but now i'm trying to get the lawn accounts. However, most people seem to be extremely loyal to there lawn guys i can't get any of my tree customers to switch to me. and my tree bus. is slow right now. im almost ready to get another job and throw in the towel please help.
Old 10-15-2009, 02:16 AM
LawnSite Member

disable the safety crap,
Old 10-18-2009, 01:19 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonverobeach View Post
hi everyone,
I'm Jon and i just started a lawn and tree trimming service in vero beach florida i've been doing this for a few months and havn't done bad, the money is in the trees really av. 15 dollars a palm tree and av. of 10-20 trees per lawn. but now i'm trying to get the lawn accounts. However, most people seem to be extremely loyal to there lawn guys i can't get any of my tree customers to switch to me. and my tree bus. is slow right now. im almost ready to get another job and throw in the towel please help.
I am just starting out and am running into the same problem. I will trim bushes or install mulch and try to pick the lawn up but they say they are loyal to the other guy. I say either one of two things: I can only service full service customers, or certain service services are cheaper to my full service customers. Some fall for it others don't but it does work some times. Just be polite and nice about it.
Old 11-18-2009, 08:37 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevydave View Post
As far as democrats raising taxes, I will be more than happy to pay my share today versus, getting $65.00 dollars a year that Bush gives me and leave billions of dollars in a hole, and my children and grand children are born in a hole to pay back. You tell me what is $65.00 dollars is to me? Nothing..Nada...He claims I could have a down payment on the washer and dryer and that is all, a down payment not a whole price. Yet Bush and his administration could spend billions of dollars ($200 billion if not more) for Iraq ($250 billion on Afganistan) for his own OIL FIELDS and for Chaney to grow his personal companies, and for his administration interest. Bush and his administration is really poor, so what the poor folks of the U.S. of America have to say. We are the poor ones and we continue to pay the high cost of Republicans.
seems ironic at this point.

I'd like to add that neighbors are my target market. I'll pick up any yard w/in a certain distance of home base, but if you see the neighbors talk to them, be nice and respectful to them, do a good job on the account and you may pick that neighbor up some day.
Shindaiwa T242 trimmer
Honda HHT35 trimmer
Honda HHE31C edger
Shindaiwa EB802RT blower
Husqvarna 125B blower
Shindaiwa DH231 30" Hedge Trimmer
Billy Goat aerator
16' Tandem Axle trailer w/ side and rear gate
'92 GMC C1500
Old 11-18-2009, 08:41 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwalker17 View Post
without getting into lavish details....

I am on "probation" for a mortgage. since our industry is seasonal; I'm a contract worker. I need 5 months work history to get a mortgage for a house.

My boss was supposed to be taxing me since feb. 1st since he said he would put me on the books. but apparently he didn't and now I wont qualify for a goddamn mortgage and have lost almost every chance of owning a home since my downpayment willl needed to be spent of rent. and all the "taxes" i paid are lost in the system.

Some things where taxed... somethings were not... he claimed me as a stupid sub-contractor not an employee.

So
tell his insurance agent. You can stick it to him there
Shindaiwa T242 trimmer
Honda HHT35 trimmer
Honda HHE31C edger
Shindaiwa EB802RT blower
Husqvarna 125B blower
Shindaiwa DH231 30" Hedge Trimmer
Billy Goat aerator
16' Tandem Axle trailer w/ side and rear gate
'92 GMC C1500
Old 11-18-2009, 08:57 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregg1987 View Post
a good thread! =)
Yes, it really is a good thread. The starter of the thread was a great guy who passed away before his time. It's great to see that this thread lives on. Eric went out of his way to help out the "new guy" and I've never seen a lawn that looked better than the ones he serviced.
Old 11-18-2009, 06:08 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig3 View Post
tell his insurance agent. You can stick it to him there
I think if he gave you a 1099, then it was up to you. If you are going to start a business, you should have known the difference. If he was not taking out taxes on your pay, you know the goverment is going to get their money from someone.
Call: 636-939-0250 or 314-808-2591
Lic. CO4694

www.pestproservices.net
Harold@pestproservices.net
Dont't wait till you see Pest..Call Pest Pro so you don't