Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 01-23-2006, 08:30 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

kaltec info.

any of you who have read many of the miniskid threads may remember me complaining about the forkster ride on platform for my dingo...

after a little over a year and the 20+ emails i sent them i finally got a responce from them.... i recently had a small confrontation with the rep here ( kaltec) and he claimed to have responded to my emails etc... and even offered to replace the unit for free...

well i got a call from the toro dealer today that i bought the unit and stand from and i am finally getting a new platform...

now keep in mind kaltec has still not contacted me at all, and the posts from me and Kaltec are now gone...

the dealer called me and said that forkster is " eating some of it and the dingo dealer is eating the rest"...

although i am very grateful to get the newly designed platform ( the new desigh was released within months of by purchase, with major changes to the areas i had problems with).....I am still bothered that none of thier people have bohered to contact me... no pm here... no phone call.... nothing.. just a call from the dingo dealer saying that they were upset that i bashed them here. the salesman lee withers said that they are absorbing some of the cost as well to try and make me happy....

this is great of them to do, but should they have to???? it was not thier fualt the product fell apart with normal use... i would not have been as upset with forkster if they had just returned even ONE email or telephone call.......

so we will see how this plays out..... let's hope they come through and i can say positive things about them here.

sorry for the long rant....
bobcat T200
way too much other crap
Old 01-23-2006, 10:39 PM
LawnSite Member

Thank you for the good word.
Old 01-24-2006, 03:55 PM
LawnSite Member

Sorry to hear your prolbems with KALTEC .I purchased a stand up platform for my dingo from them. I did not have any prolbems thay even e-mailed when unit was shipped, and did a followl up with me to see,if every thing fit .o.k. It was for a dingo tx 420. I would recommend this company to friends , here at lawn site
Old 01-24-2006, 07:05 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

i am sure you had one of the new units..
the new ones have a beefed up platform and hanger arms and roller wheels to stop the corners of the hangers from digging in ..

again it was thier lack of response that had me the most upset..
bobcat T200
way too much other crap
Old 01-24-2006, 08:13 PM
LawnSite Member

Yes it was one with the white nylon roller wheels.
Old 01-24-2006, 08:34 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

yep... that's the new one that was released shortly after i began complaining about mine....

also they still have not contacted me at all...
got another call today from the dealer i bought the tx from and they want me to talk to sean about deleting some negative info i posted about them... they got the tx 425 vs. ditchwitch sk500 thread erased, but sean want's my permission to erase a post about the dealer....

i'll ok it when i get my new platform...

the thread that was deleted is the one where the kaltec rep claimed to have responded to my MANY emails and phone calls.. claimed to have the emails in my file... i asked him to prove it,... he also claimed to have offered free replacement...

i asked if the offer was still good ... then suddenly the tread was gone and the toro rep was calling me... he said kaltec wanted them to pay for a % of the platform.. they would not give a free replacement.. the dealer had to eat some of it..

also i still have not heard one word from them.. only from the toro dealer..

i don't think the toro dealer should be involved at all.. it was not thier problem... kaltec should not be dragging them into this...

this is why in the earlier thread that thier customer service was terrible....

also i tried to buy directly from them in the beginning and could not get any responses so i bought it through the dealer...
bobcat T200
way too much other crap
Old 02-12-2006, 09:33 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Why was the TX425 v/s sk500 thread erased? I thought there was some great info in that thread... god forbid the truth come out.
Old 02-12-2006, 03:58 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

guess someone was pressured...
kaltec was a sponsor of this site a long time ago, but have not been for quite a while now.

just an update... the dealer was great about getting me the replacement...
they had to eat 1/2 the cost of the new unit. I don't think they should have had to eat any of it.

The new platform is much much better, much thicker hangers and different design.

when i spoke with lee the last time ( the toro dealer) he told me that kaltec wanted to contact me and asked if it was ok that he gave them my info.. I told him to give them all my info, he asked if they could call me, he said they wanted to talk to me about the problem and try to smooth it over..
i said sure.....

he gave them my number and i have still not heard one single peep from these guys.. nothing, in over a year of trying to contact them, then this mess here, and still not one peep from them.....
i stand by my original statement that thier custome service is terrible.
i would still buy a platform (becuase they are the only game in town), but would be very reluctant to spend the $5-6K for one of thier forklifts, etc...
bobcat T200
way too much other crap
Old 02-19-2006, 09:35 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

an update on this thread....

a rep from kaltec contacted me last week..
she was very nice and was apoligetic about thier rep that was on this site. when she and the president asked for the emails he claimed to have that were sent to me, he could not produce them...

as we all know here, your employees do not always handle situations the way you would like.. So i can appreciate thier situation... it is how a company deals with thier employees mistakes that are the biggest reflection on the company
there also has been some third party problems, as she informed me that they did indeed send my dealer a platform to replace the one he sent me, FREE OF CHARGE... the dealer did not have to even pay shipping to them...

I feel much better about the situation now, and feel that this issue with kaltec has been resolved to my satisfaction...
bobcat T200
way too much other crap