Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 02-16-2006, 01:25 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Just got off the phone with LT RICH's REP

I just got off the phone with LT Rich's Rep and ordered this.

http://www.z-spray.com/images/wb361.jpg

Since I have some gated properties with large back yards this seem like the logical way to go. I should have it in about 2-3 weeks.
Old 02-16-2006, 01:36 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Congratulations!! I just drove out to Lebanon on Monday and picked up my new Z Spray Jr. What a class bunch of folks to deal with! I'm glad we got it Monday as today we have ice and snow all over the place. I was able to "play" with it a little bit after getting home Monday afternoon, now I can't wait to see the improvemnet in applications.
Old 02-16-2006, 01:48 PM
LawnSite Member

hey green ,looking and talking with the sales rep here in pa .have to call him later..i was told the zspray was much better than the pg..as far as quality'''some lco at a seminar told me this this past wk.. hard to drive ,cost more than a pg..any help would be great
Old 02-16-2006, 02:37 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I looked at both units at the Louisville Expo, prior to the Expo I knew little about the Z Spray and was looking heavily at the PG. What sold me was the heavier construction of the Z Spray vs. the PG, heavier frame, spyker fert tub, ceramic spray tips, the 15 hp Kaw, wheel motors and 10 BDP pumps. Overall the feel of the machine and the construction is well thought out and superior IMHO.
I have not been able to "test drive" anymore than just around the yard and that was after driving nearly 12 hours there and back to get it, now we have gone from 60+ degrees on Tuesday to 30 with ice and snow today. Anyway the little I did operate it seems very smooth to me, if you have ever demoed or run a stander than you'll know what I mean. I have a few slight slopes, nothing severe, and it handled fine. I have some properties (not a lot) that have more severe hills to put it to the test so I'll find out how it holds then. I am confident it will do fine though it seems a very stable machine and very user friendly.
Yes it does cost more, but experience has taught me that you get what you pay for, and IMO the Z is a superior machine for the money. As I've said Tom and his staff are so far excellent folks to work with and are passionate about their products.
I don't think you would be disappointed.
Old 02-16-2006, 02:57 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Can you get a platform to stand on like the PG?
Old 02-16-2006, 05:21 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

All machines with the exception of the new walkbehind are similar in nature to a stander, that is you stand on the back of the machine and it operates on hydros.
Old 02-16-2006, 06:11 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by grassroots lawn
some lco at a seminar told me this this past wk.. hard to drive ,cost more than a pg..any help would be great
I know I've chimed in here before.
I've got both the PG and the Z-Max.
Is the z any harder to learn or harder to run than the pg?
I dont think so.
In fact after a few minutes on the z you will be confident enough to want take it out for a real run.
The z is more manueverable, can deliver fert where the pg wont go and will get it done more quickly.
I also pull an aerator with the z.
Ya it costs a little more but you will get what you pay for.

As for support from L.T. Rich, They are top notch people who are always available to help when you need it.
I'd go with the z again any time.
Old 02-16-2006, 10:19 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilgrims' Pride
I know I've chimed in here before.
I've got both the PG and the Z-Max.
Is the z any harder to learn or harder to run than the pg?
I dont think so.
In fact after a few minutes on the z you will be confident enough to want take it out for a real run.
The z is more manueverable, can deliver fert where the pg wont go and will get it done more quickly.
I also pull an aerator with the z.
Ya it costs a little more but you will get what you pay for.

As for support from L.T. Rich, They are top notch people who are always available to help when you need it.
I'd go with the z again any time.
Two things made me go with the Lt Rich unit. One was the width of the mahcine as I have gated properties, the second was that I looked at the PG and I decided that I would rather walk behind a machine that I know is well built and won't give me alot of down time. Plus the LT Rich rep was very helpful and informative.
Old 02-18-2006, 04:08 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

I have heard nothing but good about these machines, the people that are the reps of the company, and the support that is offered. I looked at them, myself. I went with a Permagreen myself, and I am MORE than happy with it, but that is just me. I just feel that I am BLESSED to have ANYthing that I have. I know this is about a USELESS reply as far as information goes, but I just thoughht I'd chime in here and support the facts of Rich's history and/of quality.

Thank you, Dad - for always being the dad that you were. You truly are my hero. You always were.
Old 03-28-2006, 08:54 PM
LawnSite Member

Nitrotim, How is it working out for you.
Let us know what you think of it.