Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 02-17-2006, 04:13 PM
LawnSite Member

Just joined

I just joined the site and wanted to let those in the Kansas City, Missouri area know a little bit about our business. I have been in the industry 5 years. I worked for a former company for 3 years, then got hired on at Shades of Green LLC. I was a laborer for a year, but just got recently promoted to general manager. We provide a ton of services, as we are also in a joint venture with a pool company, Blue Paradise Pools. We offer mowing, landscaping, pools, snow removal, decorative concrete, retaining walls, landscape lighting, aeration & dethatching and much more. The owner has basically handed me the task of growing the business and seems like a daunting task and a lot of pressure. I just picked up two huge commercial accounts this last week, although I am struggling with residentials. I've tried newspaper ads, flyers, brochures, and even door hangers, with little success. If anyone has tips, it would be much appreciated. Thanks, look forward to conversating with everyone.
Old 02-17-2006, 04:15 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Welcome to LS.
Old 02-17-2006, 09:51 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccraig02
I just joined the site and wanted to let those in the Kansas City, Missouri area know a little bit about our business. I have been in the industry 5 years. I worked for a former company for 3 years, then got hired on at Shades of Green LLC. I was a laborer for a year, but just got recently promoted to general manager. We provide a ton of services, as we are also in a joint venture with a pool company, Blue Paradise Pools. We offer mowing, landscaping, pools, snow removal, decorative concrete, retaining walls, landscape lighting, aeration & dethatching and much more. The owner has basically handed me the task of growing the business and seems like a daunting task and a lot of pressure. I just picked up two huge commercial accounts this last week, although I am struggling with residentials. I've tried newspaper ads, flyers, brochures, and even door hangers, with little success. If anyone has tips, it would be much appreciated. Thanks, look forward to conversating with everyone.
How many people work in the company? I could see you eventually going on your own since you are doing the hard part by doing the sales work and general manager duties.

Bill
Old 02-17-2006, 10:51 PM
LawnSite Member

You went from a laborer to a general manager in 2 years? Thats pretty good, either you are really good or everyone else is really bad...j/k. Hopefully you get paid really well, b/c if not I agree with DLS1 that you probably will end up doing it for yourself, since you will have a firm grasp on the hard part of this business.

Ron