Register free!
Search
 
     

The Green Industry's Resource Center


Click for Weather
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #81  
Old 03-01-2010, 09:13 PM
Duffster's Avatar
Duffster Duffster is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Midwest
Posts: 1,181
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdvLandscapeLLC View Post
I am incredibly confused by all of this I have a Dodge ram 3500 with a gvrw of 11500# and a 16ft goose neck dump trailer with a gross of 14000 lbs my total is 25000# . Do I need a CDL do I not?? the state of CT site is absolutely useless with its information it is not clear and concise at all. Any help would be awesome.
Your total would be 25,500 and you would NOT need a CDL because you are less then 26,001.
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Oomkes
Your argument falls flatter than a 3 day old roadkill squirrel.
Reply With Quote
  #82  
Old 03-01-2010, 09:17 PM
AdvLandscapeLLC's Avatar
AdvLandscapeLLC AdvLandscapeLLC is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Guilford,CT
Posts: 525
Thats what i was thinking but the trailer over 10000 throws me off this is what is in my state book

Class A
Any combination of vehicles with a gross combined
weight rating (GCWR) of 26,001 or more pounds
provided the gross vehicle weight rating (GVWR) of
the vehicle(s) being towed is in excess of 10,000
pounds. (Holders of class A licenses may, with any
appropriate endorsements and/or permits, operate all
vehicles within classes B and C).
Class B
Any single vehicle with a GVWR of 26,001 or more
pounds, or any such vehicle towing a vehicle not in
excess of 10,000 pounds GVWR. (Holders of class B
licenses may, with any appropriate endorsements and
or permits, operate all vehicles within class C).
Class C
Any single vehicle, or combination of vehicles, that does
not meet the definition of class A or class B as contained
herein, but that is designed to transport 16 or more
passengers, including the driver; or is required to be
placarded for hazardous materials; or is designed to
transport more than 10 passengers, including the
driver, and used to transport students under the age
of 21 years to and from school.
Reply With Quote
  #83  
Old 03-01-2010, 09:21 PM
Duffster's Avatar
Duffster Duffster is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Midwest
Posts: 1,181
Class A
Any combination of vehicles with a gross combined
weight rating (GCWR) of 26,001 or more pounds
provided the gross vehicle weight rating (GVWR) of
the vehicle(s) being towed is in excess of 10,000
pounds.

The key word is PROVIDED.

The combination needs to be over 26 with the trailer over 10 before you need a CDL class A.

__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Oomkes
Your argument falls flatter than a 3 day old roadkill squirrel.
Reply With Quote
  #84  
Old 03-01-2010, 09:24 PM
AdvLandscapeLLC's Avatar
AdvLandscapeLLC AdvLandscapeLLC is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Guilford,CT
Posts: 525
Duffster thanks for the help I appreciate it. They really word stuff in confusing ways, So do you think I would need a CDL to haul this trailer whether B or C
Reply With Quote
  #85  
Old 03-01-2010, 09:31 PM
Duffster's Avatar
Duffster Duffster is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Midwest
Posts: 1,181
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdvLandscapeLLC View Post
Duffster thanks for the help I appreciate it. They really word stuff in confusing ways, So do you think I would need a CDL to haul this trailer whether B or C
Why would you need a B or a C?

Are you carrying Hazmat?
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Oomkes
Your argument falls flatter than a 3 day old roadkill squirrel.
Reply With Quote
  #86  
Old 03-01-2010, 09:34 PM
AdvLandscapeLLC's Avatar
AdvLandscapeLLC AdvLandscapeLLC is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Guilford,CT
Posts: 525
That 10000lb in tow thing keep throwing a flag up for me because the trailer has a 14000 gross. But no hazmat just firewood and bulk product
Reply With Quote
  #87  
Old 03-01-2010, 09:38 PM
Duffster's Avatar
Duffster Duffster is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Midwest
Posts: 1,181
Try this. ..............
Attached Images
 
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Oomkes
Your argument falls flatter than a 3 day old roadkill squirrel.
Reply With Quote
  #88  
Old 03-01-2010, 09:41 PM
AdvLandscapeLLC's Avatar
AdvLandscapeLLC AdvLandscapeLLC is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Guilford,CT
Posts: 525
Does that flow chart hold up for CT as well, because that seems way to simplified and understandable for anything that CT would publish lol
Reply With Quote
  #89  
Old 03-01-2010, 09:44 PM
Duffster's Avatar
Duffster Duffster is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Midwest
Posts: 1,181
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdvLandscapeLLC View Post
Does that flow chart hold up for CT as well, because that seems way to simplified and understandable for anything that CT would publish lol
Sure does.....
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Oomkes
Your argument falls flatter than a 3 day old roadkill squirrel.
Reply With Quote
  #90  
Old 03-01-2010, 09:52 PM
AdvLandscapeLLC's Avatar
AdvLandscapeLLC AdvLandscapeLLC is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Guilford,CT
Posts: 525
CT also has this in its new drivers manual
Class A License - Combination Vehicles. Any combination of vehicles with gross combination weight rating (GCWR) of 26,001
or more pounds falls in Class A, providing the gross vehicle weight rating (GVWR) of the vehicle(s) being towed is in excess of
10,000 pounds. Most Class A vehicles are trucks, such as tractor-trailer or truck and trailer combinations. However, tractor-trailer
buses may be found in a few communities. Driving a Class A vehicle requires considerably more skill and knowledge than driving
vehicles in Classes B and C. Since these skills include those required to drive a Class B and C vehicle, a driver who has a
Class A license also may drive vehicles in classes B and C
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.comô - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:11 AM.

Page generated in 0.09750 seconds with 8 queries