Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 02-21-2006, 09:15 AM
LawnSite Member

fert certification test results....confused

I took my PA fert cert test 2 weeks ago, I've been waiting for the results. I had my wife go check the PO box today and I think we got the results back. I am going by what she is telling me in the letter. It didnt have anything on their about passing or failing. All it was a Pesticide Business License Application, instructions how to do and an envelope to send it out. Does this mean I passed, or not neccessarily? She overheard someone at the post office say that they still had some mail that were not sorted out from the long weekend. I was under the impression that you got Business License application only if you passed...I have been waiting for the results for what seems like forever, I have had to wait on my advertising b/c I wanted to put in their about fertilization if I passed. Any info would be appreciated.

Ron
Old 02-21-2006, 09:24 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

You should receive a letter telling you if you passed or failed...I think they tell you 2-3 weeks after you take it. The instructor told us they do a bunch at a time, and you have to wait until they get back to HBG (I think) to run them through...
Old 02-21-2006, 09:32 AM
LawnSite Member

Thats what I thought. Its just weird that they would send you out the application for the business license w/o knowing if you passed. I guess my question was more along the lines, of is it standard that they mail those out before getting your results. I didnt know if they just mailed it out to you after the first time you try to get certified so that you have it whenever you eventually pass. I was still holding out hope that my results are already in and the Post Office just didnt get a chance to put it in my box because they were behind this morning.

Ron
Old 02-21-2006, 10:02 AM
LawnSite Member

I just took the test last thursday and the instructor told me if I passed I would recieve the business license and applicators license application in the mail

You could always call your regional office too.
Old 02-21-2006, 12:49 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

You mean they don't tell you right away if you passed?? When we take the test, they run it in a computer and check it right then and there. It even tells you what chapters of the test that you missed the questions. They've been doing it here this way for about 10 years now. I thought our state was slow, but it sounds like your state needs to come into the 21st century.

If you like the job Granholm is doing for Michigan, you'll love the job Obama will do for the U.S.

“The best argument against democracy is a five minute conversation with the average voter.” Winston Churchill
Old 02-21-2006, 01:43 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grassmechanic
You mean they don't tell you right away if you passed?? When we take the test, they run it in a computer and check it right then and there. It even tells you what chapters of the test that you missed the questions. They've been doing it here this way for about 10 years now. I thought our state was slow, but it sounds like your state needs to come into the 21st century.
I was thinking the same thing. At the very least I thought that at least you can receive results via email or check on web site instead of waiting for the mail. It sucks to have to wait.

Ron
Old 02-21-2006, 03:22 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by palawnman
I was thinking the same thing. At the very least I thought that at least you can receive results via email or check on web site instead of waiting for the mail. It sucks to have to wait.

Ron
You passed snce you got the application for the license.
Old 02-21-2006, 04:25 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1MajorTom
You passed snce you got the application for the license.
Thats what I thought, I dont want to get my hopes up though. I want to actually have something that states that you passed. Also I want to see how I did. Oh by the way, in case I didnt pass can I say that you said since I got the application for the license, it should mean that I passed?

Ron
Old 02-21-2006, 05:13 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by palawnman
Oh by the way, in case I didnt pass can I say that you said since I got the application for the license, it should mean that I passed?

Ron
haha, well that's how I found out i had passed, i figure things probably didn't change.
Congrats btw.
Old 02-21-2006, 06:26 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I hope you are talking about your comercial license for spraying and applying pesticides. you dont need a license if you are just using fertilizers.