Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 02-21-2006, 10:39 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Night Orbs

Has anyone seen or used these before. We used 12 in the garden display at the NJ Flower Show this past week and they received tremendous attention. They are a great product to use in your lighting design for that very special lighting client. These lights are extremely durable, appealing and just beautiful. Out of the 12 in the display, 7 were sold by the end of the show and many more folks were going to contact the artist in search of other colors.

http://www.nightorbs.com/index.htm

Kirk
Attached Images

Old 02-21-2006, 05:10 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

thoes are pretty cool looking. Bet they would look hot reflecting off a pond or pool. Whats the price tag on em ?
Old 02-21-2006, 05:20 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

You can check out the website for all the info and any professional discount. He sells them retail for $400 each. They are hand blown art glass and everyone is unique. Each series contains the same colors, but during the blowing process they come out completely different from each other. They do look great reflecting off of a water feature, but you would have to be careful and use the appropriate transformer rated to proximity to water.

Kirk
Old 02-21-2006, 05:22 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

never mind I looked at the site... very nice but wow that would have to be a special customer. I couldnt get much mark up on thoes.
Old 02-21-2006, 05:39 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Looks pretty cool, Kirk. I have added them to my favorites and maybe I'll have use for that at some point. I'm always looking for cool and different things to add to a project.

Paul R Gosselin, Sr., CLVLT(#0632)
NightScenes Corporation
President, AOLP
www.night-scenes.com
www.facebook.com/NightScenes
Old 02-21-2006, 08:50 PM
LawnSite Member

$400 loss to the client once the gardener plays golf with his cultivator. What ever happened to the slogan- "see the effect not the source". Go ahead and flame away.
Old 02-22-2006, 10:29 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I have to say they are durable. I dropped one and it didn't chip. They are made with 1/4" of glass and that is very tough. They are also attached to the mounting which is then firmly attached to the stake, so they are not going to fall, get blown or knocked off. Now a lazy, sloppy gardener with an errant Z could do some damage, but hopefully you put it in a place it is appreciated and cared for. Your slogan is fine in many cases, but lighting is a theatrical effect, and sometimes that effect is the source it self. The sun is a great source of effective light, but I'll bet you are aware of the source, and even the moon and it's reflective effect is a source I'll bet you have looked at and enjoyed. Everything has a place, there is always "A" way, not always "THE" way!

Paul, they are really works of art in glass and light and are for those special customers I'm sure you encounter. A grouping at different heights makes a stunning display in a garden and they can be adapted to a hub system or used in an inline system like any other fixture. If I were able to capture each of the 12 we had, which were all "earth", you would see how different and interesting each piece was. All that visited our display asked about them, and the under lit glass filled rill. It just goes to show how quality and innovative lighting grabs people's attention.

Kirk
Attached Images