Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 02-23-2006, 08:49 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Lesco v/s Scotts pre emergent

Guys, I just left Home Keep Me Broke and noticed that all the landscape material had gone up, as well as the Pre Emergent weed control, and Fertilizers. I especially noticed that Scotts 15000 sq ft bag was 40 bucks. I saw the Lesco 0-0-7 was still around 15 bucks for the 15000 sq ft bag. This is my first season putting down spring Pre Emergent, even though I treated a few homes last fall with Lesco brand Pre-Emergent. All the yards I treated in the fall look really good, no crab grass. Is Scotts really worth it, or should I stay with Lesco. Oh, by the way, we have Bermuda grass in my region, and crabgrass is a B$%&h on some lawns. I plan on using Image Liquid Solution for the first treatment, but wanted to use granular crab grass control for my second treatment. Scotts 15000 sq ft bag = 38.98 or Lesco 15000sq ft = 13.98.
Old 02-23-2006, 10:09 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I am sorry...
dO A SEARCH
Old 02-23-2006, 10:17 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

TJS, do not buy your Lesco product from Home Cheapo. It its not the same as what you can get at a Lesco store. You can also get great advice at a pro shop rather than a big box store. Also you will get the price you are looking for once you establish a working relationship at a professional supplier. I do not know of one LCO that uses Scott's. PR

http://www.pr-fectlawn.com
Old 02-24-2006, 02:36 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Scott's is for retail. Nothing more to be said
Old 02-24-2006, 07:03 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsquickcuts
This is my first season putting down spring Pre Emergent, even though I treated a few homes last fall with Lesco brand Pre-Emergent. All the yards I treated in the fall look really good, no crab grass. .
From that statement I know two things. You are not licenced-- you do not know what you are doing.
Stop doing this and learn about lawncare.
Old 02-24-2006, 07:14 AM
LawnSite Member

I agree with pr fect find a lesco dealer and establish a relationship with them not only will you get CORRECT advice you will get a much better deal.
Old 02-24-2006, 08:46 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

this is not correct

Quote:
Originally Posted by PR Fect
TJS, do not buy your Lesco product from Home Cheapo. It its not the same as what you can get at a Lesco store. You can also get great advice at a pro shop rather than a big box store. Also you will get the price you are looking for once you establish a working relationship at a professional supplier. I do not know of one LCO that uses Scott's. PR
the lesco company rep is on the lesco forum discussing this very issue, not only is it the same product, but home cheap o can sell it for less then the lesco dealer can..... go read the forum..

and you are not licenced are you...this will cost you big time if you dont stop immediatly until you are licenced ....
6 full time
Old 02-24-2006, 10:27 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMLAWN
From that statement I know two things. You are not licenced-- you do not know what you are doing.
Stop doing this and learn about lawncare.
Okay, from your statement, I know two things. You dont know me, or how much knowledge I have. I know what I am doing, I was just looking for Guaranteed results, and Scotts was the only brand that I really had faith in. My parents and I, have used scotts on our lawns for years, and I have never had weeds, NEVER. Yeah, I do admit that I am a new Landscaper, but I probably have more knowledge about Lawn Care then you dream of. As far as being Lisenced, as long as I am not using any motorized pumps, and keep less the some many gal of liquid, I DONT need to be Licenced in my area. I am 110% legit, and I am bonded(yeah, most new companies dont quailify, I know), and I am insured. I dont even know why I wasted my time giving you a response. Wonder how many accounts you had in your first year, I am sure I have well surpassed it. So please, before you speak, know what you are talking about
Old 02-24-2006, 12:39 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsquickcuts
As far as being Lisenced, as long as I am not using any motorized pumps, and keep less the some many gal of liquid, I DONT need to be Licenced in my area. I am 110% legit, and I am bonded(yeah, most new companies dont quailify, I know), and I am insured. I
That is totally wrong! If you are acepting payment for applying pesticides OF ANY KIND regardless of formulation, you need to be licensed! This applies in all 50 states! It is FEDERAL LAW under the EPA! Whoever gave you your info has done you a great disservice.

If you like the job Granholm is doing for Michigan, you'll love the job Obama will do for the U.S.

“The best argument against democracy is a five minute conversation with the average voter.” Winston Churchill
Old 02-24-2006, 12:51 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grassmechanic
That is totally wrong! If you are acepting payment for applying pesticides OF ANY KIND regardless of formulation, you need to be licensed! This applies in all 50 states! It is FEDERAL LAW under the EPA! Whoever gave you your info has done you a great disservice.
Out of curiosity does this mean you could fertilize a customers lawn for free and just average this in the price of the mowing and that would be legal?