Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 02-25-2006, 11:09 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Started to get into it a few years ago and love it. Wish I had more time to spend on the river, but one needs to work and make money over R&R when the chips are down. Hopefully, this year will give me more time to learn and spend on the river. Have been on the South Fork of the Snake twice and will be on there agin come July. Would like to do the Green this year also. Have never done the Henry's but will do it one of these days.
Old 02-25-2006, 11:46 AM
LawnSite Member

I love any kinda fishing but fly fishing ai quite the art. I live in ontario Canada and its always tasty to work hard all day grab a 12 pack and hit up the grand river for some trout. If you americans can ever take a day off come up to the French river or Espanola in ontario. If you like pike or muskie the big ones we got.
Old 02-25-2006, 01:23 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost
Where do you live Fyshstykr?
Northern Utah
Old 02-25-2006, 02:09 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by fyshstykr
"..
Hey "Greginalaska" I am so envious of you, if I lived there I would never get anything done because I would always be knee deep somewhere, hope to make it up that way someday.
..."
Well a good part of the time you would be breaking through ice to get "knee deep".

Ice fishing...that's something I haven't done in a long time either.
Old 02-25-2006, 03:01 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

I love fishing, preferably in other seasons besides winter, but, i love it anytime, turning 16 this year, sucks, ill have to buy a lisense by the middle of this year

Summer Setup

Ford Trucks
PJ Trailers
JD & Wright Equipment/Mowers
Old 02-25-2006, 03:03 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I do not fly fish. It looks like a lot of fun though. I go on vacationi a lot in VA on the Rapidan River and they do a lot of fly fishing down there. Someone has offered to teach us, so one of these days I think I will take them up on it. So cool to watch.
Old 02-25-2006, 10:12 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreginAlaska
Well a good part of the time you would be breaking through ice to get "knee deep".

Ice fishing...that's something I haven't done in a long time either.
oops! yea I should have said in the summer on those long, long, days. does it seem weird to have days last for 20 hours? how long have you lived there?
fysh.
Old 02-25-2006, 10:41 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECS
Started to get into it a few years ago and love it. Wish I had more time to spend on the river, but one needs to work and make money over R&R when the chips are down. Hopefully, this year will give me more time to learn and spend on the river. Have been on the South Fork of the Snake twice and will be on there agin come July. Would like to do the Green this year also. Have never done the Henry's but will do it one of these days.
My wife and I love the South fork in July and August, gonna start hitting the Green in about 3 weeks, best time to go there is early spring and late fall when the traffic is down.

Here we are on the South fork last Sept, cold morning but turned out to be a great day.

Average fish on Green River, spring trip.

A nice day in the ranch, Henry's Fork.

The wife always kicks my a$$, Upper Henry's.

Let's see some of your pics!
fysh

Last edited by fyshstykr; 12-12-2006 at 09:31 AM.
Old 02-25-2006, 11:18 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

I used to flyfish a lot, before I started cutting grass.Haven't touched a rod in about 10 years. Did some charter fishing out of Henderson Harbor with some friends for a few years. Its all fun. The water is very relaxing. My helper has been bugging me to get my boat out of storage. Might just do it this year...

Gene
Old 02-25-2006, 11:35 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duck Dodger
I have always wanted to learn. My freinds are always trying to get me to go bass fishing or whatever out on the lake but it seems boring to me. Fly fishing appears to take much more skill and appears to be constant movement. What is a good way to get started without knowing anyone to teach me.
Go to a good sport shop that has some one knowledgable about fly fishing and ask them to set you up with an outfit. Ask them to explaine the set up and how it works. It gets expensive so start out with an all purpose light weight 8' rod. Go to a lake with lots of open space and try to catch pan fish. As you progress with your skills then specialize with your equipment and different kinds of fish. There is a knack to flipping a fly, some have it and some never get it.

Gene