Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 04-15-2000, 07:41 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

METROMAN, LOOK AT WANT AD PRESS.COM IF YOU ARE CLOSE TO JERSEY YOU CAN ALWAYS FIND A USED WALKER IN THEIR LISTINGS. MY OPINION, BUY A USED WALK BEHIND, AND GET SOME EXERCISE IF THE WALKER IS DOWN.
Old 04-15-2000, 10:34 AM

Hello Everybody:<p>When I started out I had the backup mower problem. I started out with a walk behind as a back up, later I found out big mistake.<p>Later I got a below average rider for backup & this was another big mistake, because all it was, was piece of wore out equipment that I had as a backup which wasn't very reliable.<p>Then later when I developed a way to hang on to money & a business man IQ. I then either bought a equal or close to equal piece of equipment. <p>Then what really made sence & was the best decision, was to run the lessor or older piece of equipment. Have the new piece of equipment as a back up, why the newer is more reliable & I won't later have 2 piles of junk.<p>After doing this for a few years, you will have 2 good pieces of equipment, then later you can buy 2 more & have enough to start another crew.<p>What ever it takes you to keep your business going, then you need double that, downtime is one of the #1 KILLERS in this business.<br>----------<br>GrassMaster - Home: www.lawnservicing.com<br>My Start Up Page www.lawnservicing.com/startup/<br>