Register free!
Search
 
     

The Green Industry's Resource Center


Click for Weather
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 02-25-2006, 10:26 PM
S man's Avatar
S man S man is offline
LawnSite Gold Member
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Kenner, Louisiana
Posts: 3,567
New Snappers

Check these out. I wouldn't buy one. I've seen snapper make this type of mower before like the rp200 or something I had and couldn't fix it. It was a cheaply built machine. I would love to see how long they last. The disc transmission is the real snapper drive system.
__________________
The Wright way to mow
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 02-25-2006, 10:57 PM
Jason Rose's Avatar
Jason Rose Jason Rose is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Hutchinson, Kansas
Posts: 5,777
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnapperAriens
Check these out. I wouldn't buy one. I've seen snapper make this type of mower before like the rp200 or something I had and couldn't fix it. It was a cheaply built machine. I would love to see how long they last. The disc transmission is the real snapper drive system.
check what out? A link please!
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 02-25-2006, 11:03 PM
Az Gardener Az Gardener is offline
LawnSite Gold Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Phoenix, Az
Posts: 3,893
I was just in my service center today complaining about my JD that threw some bearings after 180 hrs. They told me to live with it because they were still the best available in their opinion. They sell ariens and toro too, they called them both junk. I did'nt associate the aeriens with snapper. I am going to do a search next time I'm needing another 21" see what the rest of the heard thinks.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 02-26-2006, 12:00 AM
S man's Avatar
S man S man is offline
LawnSite Gold Member
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Kenner, Louisiana
Posts: 3,567
Quote:
Originally Posted by Az Gardener
I was just in my service center today complaining about my JD that threw some bearings after 180 hrs. They told me to live with it because they were still the best available in their opinion. They sell ariens and toro too, they called them both junk. I did'nt associate the aeriens with snapper. I am going to do a search next time I'm needing another 21" see what the rest of the heard thinks.
ariens and snapper are good mowers. What wrong with your dealer????
__________________
The Wright way to mow
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 02-26-2006, 12:03 AM
S man's Avatar
S man S man is offline
LawnSite Gold Member
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Kenner, Louisiana
Posts: 3,567
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Rose
check what out? A link please!

http://snapper.com/easy_line.html
__________________
The Wright way to mow
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 02-26-2006, 12:14 AM
Jason Rose's Avatar
Jason Rose Jason Rose is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Hutchinson, Kansas
Posts: 5,777
Ok, I saw one of those at the dealers the other day... I looked it over actually since it looked odd. If i recall it said it was a variable drive, but with that hokey drive lever on the handle it just looks cheap. Snapper already had quite a few models to choose from, not sure why they needed more...
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 02-26-2006, 12:50 AM
impactlandscaping's Avatar
impactlandscaping impactlandscaping is offline
LawnSite Silver Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Morgantown, WV
Posts: 2,335
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Rose
Ok, I saw one of those at the dealers the other day... I looked it over actually since it looked odd. If i recall it said it was a variable drive, but with that hokey drive lever on the handle it just looks cheap. Snapper already had quite a few models to choose from, not sure why they needed more...
Because they have a new retail homeowner line debuting at your local Sears and / or K Mart in about 2 weeks..They tried it once with Wal Mart a few years ago, and you'd think they would have learned from their mistakes. The Snappers I have owned over the years have been top notch mowers. Matter of fact, I still have one of my first ones from 1985..lol. I hope Ariens knows what they are doing...
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 02-26-2006, 04:05 AM
saw man's Avatar
saw man saw man is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: utah
Posts: 1,023
It is a homeowner model! Not close to comm. grade, so why are you complaining?
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 02-26-2006, 11:08 AM
mowergal mowergal is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Billings, MO
Posts: 33
the new snapper push mower has been cheapen up to try to get the box store people to buy from the dealer. Snapper and simpicity have been bought by Briggs 2 years ago. The disc drive is still in the rear engine rider, and tractors are made by simpilicity with snapper's name on them. Briggs also owns Ferris!
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 02-26-2006, 11:11 AM
mowergal mowergal is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Billings, MO
Posts: 33
Ariens was bought out by gravely about 4 years ago. So now I don't know what they are doing.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.comô - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:09 PM.

Page generated in 0.09421 seconds with 7 queries