Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 02-27-2006, 11:18 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Gravely 34 Pro G wb?

Anyone have experience with the gravely 34 pro g wb? Or even the 32 (if they make it).

How does it cut? Do you like the pro-steer controls (i think thats what they call it..)?

Ive done a search but didnt find all I wanted... thanks for any info you can share.
Old 02-27-2006, 11:26 PM
LawnSite Member

I'm also interested...Talked to my gravely dealer, and they have no info on that unit yet...I wonder if its the same deck as the 34Z? if so, cut quality shouldnt be a problem.
Old 02-27-2006, 11:39 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

The 32" gear-drive walkbehind is no longer being produced. Gravely uped the deck size to 34", and it is basically the same deck as comes on the 34Z.
The 32" walkbehind features the easy-to-adjust deck with the "J" pins, large fuel tank, and large rear wheels. These items all went away on the 34" machine. The 32" and 34" machines both have a great cut, but the 34" machines will not fit through gates that a 32" will sometimes.
There are some Prosteer 32", and pistol grip 32" machines available at dealers.
In fact, our customers liked the 32" machines so well, that we got 10 of them for our store, while they were still available last fall. We still have new Prosteer and pistol grip 32" machines in stock. Send me a PM if you can not find one at your local dealer.
Old 02-27-2006, 11:47 PM
LawnSite Member

So the 34" doesnt have the J- pin, That was one of the main reason I was considering the Gravely...
Old 02-27-2006, 11:57 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

You can still get it on the 36" or the 32" machines. From a productivity standpoint, you will never know the difference between a 32" and a 34" at the end of the day.
Old 02-28-2006, 12:05 AM
LawnSite Member

Yeah, its only 2 inches, Pm sent
Old 02-28-2006, 10:26 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mowingman
The 32" gear-drive walkbehind is no longer being produced. Gravely uped the deck size to 34", and it is basically the same deck as comes on the 34Z.
The 32" walkbehind features the easy-to-adjust deck with the "J" pins, large fuel tank, and large rear wheels. These items all went away on the 34" machine. The 32" and 34" machines both have a great cut, but the 34" machines will not fit through gates that a 32" will sometimes.
There are some Prosteer 32", and pistol grip 32" machines available at dealers.
In fact, our customers liked the 32" machines so well, that we got 10 of them for our store, while they were still available last fall. We still have new Prosteer and pistol grip 32" machines in stock. Send me a PM if you can not find one at your local dealer.
Thanks for the info! I will PM you if I cant find the 32 around here. Sounds like the 32 is what I'd rather have.
Old 02-28-2006, 10:48 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

I have a Gravely Pro-H 36" walk-behind. The Pro Steer is great, very ergonomic and comfortable. The cut quality could be a touch better, but overall it does great. It's more in the really tall grass where cut quality isn't the best.
Old 02-28-2006, 11:31 AM
LawnSite Member

I run a pro g 44 and would say if you have tight spots to get a hydro. because of switching gears. but mine mows great and runs awesome.
Old 02-28-2006, 12:26 PM
LawnSite Member

I have the 32 and I it has been a good mower. I can it take just about any where when mowing. I went the other day to the dealer and saw the new models and I was not very happy with the new ones. They changed up a few thing the deck,tire size,height adjustment and a few others. To me why change a good thing. I think the adjustment on my works great but to each thier own. I dont really see alot of gravelys in my area but what ever work for you. I would go with another gravely mower, but I wanted to stay open to other mowers just to find out what works for me best, but so far the 32 gravely is what works for me right now.