Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 03-01-2006, 10:48 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Stolen trimmer goes to court!

finally the day has come for this shindiawa dealer.I went to court this morning due to a trimmer that i dropped off at a local shindiawa dealer that somehow got stolen. This all happened back in sept./oct. last year. i went to his shop several times an to no avail he offered nothing .About a week later i sent one of my employees down there to see about the trimmer an he told him not to come back an that he was not responsible for the trimmer.I just couldn't't except that so i took it a step farther an filed a criminal complaint on his business for stealing my trimmer . its a felony offense due to its value of over 300 dollars .By the way its a shindiawa t-350.Well 6 months later , today we go to court an the judge ruled in my favor .They presented an offer to me a few weeks ago of $250 dollars an i told them that doesn't't cover half of the trimmer an besides all the time that its taken to get a replacement. So today when i showed up they had a paper ready an wanted to see if i would agree to the terms.the agreement was that this dealer had a new trimmer for me an was the exact make an model. so i did agree with a few stipulations: one, that it is the exact make an model an two, that i can inspect an pick up tomm. at the police station .i also told the judge its kinda funny that he never offered me anything an here it is 6 months later after i sought legal assistance an what do ya know heres a new trimmer.i still think he deserves a felony because its b.s.! I will let you all know tomm on how this all plays out!! thanks george
Old 03-01-2006, 11:10 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

good show....nice to see the little guy win one now and again....I don't see why the dealer did not just turn you over to his insurance company...

I woudl have pushed for "loss of use" as well as the time you spent having to jump through the hoops...you could have gotten two trimmers out of it....

I doubt you'll be using that dealer ever again....
Old 03-01-2006, 11:12 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

thats ridicilous....I'd go one step farther and contact Shindaiwa Corporate office in Oregon and tell them what kind of operation that dealer is really running. A phone call to the better biz bureau and the attorney general would have been made too.
Old 03-01-2006, 11:22 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEPSJay
thats ridicilous....I'd go one step farther and contact Shindaiwa Corporate office in Oregon and tell them what kind of operation that dealer is really running. A phone call to the better biz bureau and the attorney general would have been made too.
I agree, I definitely would contact Shindaiwa about this. Thats just ridiculous that you would have to go through all that. I personally think that the dealer got off easy. You could consider that you had to work shorthanded for how many months, lost wages since you had to waste your time or employees time following up on it. Also did you have to pay a lawyer? Getting back to my original point, I definitely would contact somone at their corporate headquarters and also send a letter about this whole situation. Good luck with it.

Ron
Old 03-01-2006, 11:26 AM
LawnSite Member

Glad to hear you finally won that. Some dealers amaze me. How they stay in business with customer service like that is beyond me.

REV.
Old 03-01-2006, 12:19 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

contacting shindiawa!

i called shindiawa back when this all happened an talked to the rep that handles this territory. i was dissappointed with the way this guy actually handled the situation . i told the rep that this dealer doesn't need to be selling their product if he handles his business accordingly.i love shindiawa products but going thru this has really put a bad taste in my mouth for the future purchases an repairs that i may need .i just wanna see what happens tomm. an i hope like hell he has a t-350 an it better be nothing else.if he beats me around the bush tomm. with anything less i am gonna go back to the courthouse an file a warrant for stolen property of over 300 dollars .if i have to go that route i will seek loos of wages , replacement value,And i will make sure his ass has a felony! thanks for all the comments an will let you all know the end results tomm. thanks george
Old 03-01-2006, 12:37 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

what area is the dealer in there, don't want to get caught up in there. Hey did you get the brush piles burnt.
Old 03-01-2006, 03:53 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Jb1

hey man that dealer is here in my area . he is a real loser an very unprofessional businessman.As far as those piles go i havent been back cause its so wet an the onwer of the property is in no rush at all.its a project that i can see is gonna take awhile in all .hope you guys are doing well thanks george
Old 03-01-2006, 04:16 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Jb1

hey man that dealer is here in my area . he is a real loser an very unprofessional businessman.As far as those piles go i havent been back cause its so wet an the onwer of the property is in no rush at all.its a project that i can see is gonna take awhile in all .hope you guys are doing well thanks george
Old 03-01-2006, 04:23 PM
LawnSite Member

I've often wondered about this situation. Some dealers around here have signs posted that say 'Not resonsible for lost or stolen equipment'. I always thought that was bull. Good for you for standing up for whats right and winning!