Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 03-03-2006, 08:07 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Wont fit in the garage with the ROPS up, but its in there nice and cozy, my Dad just put a set of rear remotes on it today (Thank you Dad ) Now I have 2 tractors in there and nooo room and its a 3 car garage . Ive run the skids plenty of times, the tractor will be more versitile for now and it has a less severe foot print in the lawns compared to the skid. I believe this will do its job just fine. It is a 35hp model , I just can't wait for it to get warm and I can finally pick up my new dump and the trailer to tow this bad boy around.
I have had to turn down a lot of jobs becase I couldnt get the skid or it would have taken a lot of time with my other tractor, the list could go on forever, this will just make my life so much easier, from being able to tackle huge jobs to loading stone and loam into the dump truck and trailer at the house when I only need two scoops to do a job. I will take some pics of the other tractor and this one next to it tomorrow, the difference is just non-comparable, but they both have their own spots in the job place.
Thanks guys, I love the feed back!
James
Old 03-03-2006, 11:36 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I Cant Wate To See The Dumptruck.. You Going To Letter It Up... Keep Up The Good Work James... Your Business Grows Every Year And You Should Be Very Proud Of Yourself..
Old 03-06-2006, 05:51 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Thats a nice tractor. In my opinion a NH tractor is hard to beat. Does it have Ag tires on it or R4 Industrial tires?
Old 03-06-2006, 06:34 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Wright
Snow-oh ya.

Did you know that we can get heated cabs on the TC35 for winter work?

$5k is what I think I was told.

Tim
I was quoted 2500 for the heated cab, soft cab. My guys just like the visibility without the enclosure.
Old 03-07-2006, 09:30 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

trailer

Originally Posted by Tim Wright
I thought 10" was a dumb question, but that tractor makes it look so small.

My dealer was thinking that I would want to have a 16' trailer, but if I am going to put the harley rake on at the same time, and broadcast speader, I will use up every bit of 18' of a trailer.

Tim

Tim -

For whatever its worth on this trailer issue I wouldn't go anything less than a 24' deckover, you'll kick yourself over and over. Go deckover because our harley was 98" wide. I attached a couple of pics with our New Holland TC40D on it with the 8' power rake. We had room in the front for a seeder but we had to take the bucket off and slide it under the loader. With the bucket on and the power rake on it's all of 22' long. With the seeder on it weighed out at 9945lbs gross. Nothing worse than a short trailer. I think we picked this trailer up for $3500, it was used for one year.

And make sure you have stablilizer jacks in the back corners!

etwman.
Attached Images

"Earth, Turf, & Wood, Inc. is a high-end residential landscape & hardscape company that offers superior employment experiences for employees, exceptional opportunities for our architects, a premium service to our customers and value to the community through service and stewardship. We attempt to honor God in all we do by encouraging teamwork, pursuing excellence passionately, serving those who lead, and demonstrating stewardship of resources."
Old 03-07-2006, 09:31 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

2nd shot

another view
Attached Images

"Earth, Turf, & Wood, Inc. is a high-end residential landscape & hardscape company that offers superior employment experiences for employees, exceptional opportunities for our architects, a premium service to our customers and value to the community through service and stewardship. We attempt to honor God in all we do by encouraging teamwork, pursuing excellence passionately, serving those who lead, and demonstrating stewardship of resources."
Old 03-07-2006, 05:42 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Sweet etwman!

Thanks, I have already ordered the 20footer. I think I will be ok for a while. I am going to use a broadcast spreader for a while.

I was thinking about those stabilizer jacks today. Funny you would mention that.

I am also thinking about cones and such for putting around the road side and/or corners of the truck/trailer while staging and parking.

Tim
Old 03-07-2006, 07:20 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Mine is the TC40 also, the only thing that disappoints me is that is doesn't lift enough in the front. Otherwise it is a great machine for the $.
Attached Images

Old 03-07-2006, 07:31 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Nice,

What do you mean, not enough lift in the front.

Tim
Old 03-07-2006, 08:09 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Doesn't lift a full pallet of sod or a pallet of paver's with forks and the lifting capacity of the bucket with dirt/stone. Even with counterweights.