Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 03-02-2006, 04:34 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Wording for quote sheet...

I am adding this to this years price quote sheets. Any feedback would be welcome but be advised, this is not set in stone as of yet.

......... Also, as of January 1, 2006 if at any time customer requests a service interval greater than every 7 days, (Such as 10 or 14 day service), a surcharge of 30% will apply. (Example: If you normally pay $29.00 per week and request that you want to skip a week that is regarded as 14 day service and you will now be charged $37.70) Anything over 14 days will be charged a flat rate of $60.00/hr door to door. You will not be charged extra if this is due to weather delay.
Old 03-02-2006, 07:42 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I agree w/ what you are saying but in the interest of sticking w/ +30% you would only go up to 49.01. So if you are doubling your price and your work for 14 days why don't you make you 10-14 day cut oh say 43.50.That way you could go up by 50% intervals. Just food for thought.
Stihl edger
RedMax hedge trimmers
6.5 x 12 trailer
1999 Ford F-150
Old 03-03-2006, 01:41 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighGrass
I am adding this to this years price quote sheets. Any feedback would be welcome but be advised, this is not set in stone as of yet.

......... Also, as of January 1, 2006 if at any time customer requests a service interval greater than every 7 days, (Such as 10 or 14 day service), a surcharge of 30% will apply. (Example: If you normally pay $29.00 per week and request that you want to skip a week that is regarded as 14 day service and you will now be charged $37.70) Anything over 14 days will be charged a flat rate of $60.00/hr door to door. You will not be charged extra if this is due to weather delay.

I don't know your business or area, but we only offer 7 day rotation on mowing. Too many people getting out there on 10-14 day cuts can really drag your time and efficiency down with a few days of wet weather. If you don't give the option of anything other than 7 days, you eliminate lots of headaches. If you have to, no big deal, you have to...charge appropriately
Old 03-03-2006, 01:45 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by impactlandscaping
I don't know your business or area, but we only offer 7 day rotation on mowing. Too many people getting out there on 10-14 day cuts can really drag your time and efficiency down with a few days of wet weather. If you don't give the option of anything other than 7 days, you eliminate lots of headaches. If you have to, no big deal, you have to...charge appropriately
This is going to be only for a few people who just "don't get it". Most of my customers basically understand.
Old 03-03-2006, 01:54 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Gotcha..we had to incorporate some revised wording about dog doo a couple of years back b/c of one lady who didn't get it either,lol. Now she doesn't really care, just pays extra each week
Old 03-03-2006, 01:56 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by impactlandscaping
Gotcha..we had to incorporate some revised wording about dog doo a couple of years back b/c of one lady who didn't get it either,lol. Now she doesn't really care, just pays extra each week
Now ya got me thinkin What do you do about.....DOOO!?
Old 03-03-2006, 02:11 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Some "doo" is to be expected in lawns with dogs. People should be responsible pet owners and clean up the day of or before we service their yard. 95% do, the other 5% pay a $ 10.00 "equipment cleaning fee" for excessive doo. I just checked QB, and one customer paid $ 100.00 in fees, or 10 visits worth out of 26 visits,lol..