Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 03-03-2006, 10:39 PM
LawnSite Member

tell me about the case 95xt

i've been looking at getting a case 95xt. a local guy has an 02 model with about 2000 hours. i took it for a quick spin, and it seemed to run pretty good.

what are some things to look out for? are there any problematic areas?
Old 03-04-2006, 12:12 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

I have had an 01 and an 03 95XT. Both were/are fully loaded to include ride control, hydrualic QC, AC, and high flow. My experience is that it is a high production machine. It will handle an 83" dirt bucket with ease. The digging power is incredible, the high hp with all that weight make it a real animal. If you need a 3000 plus ROC machine it is the best available. I was talking to the Bobcat/Deere guys (same dealer here) and they said that they have a very difficult time selling anything else to 95XT owners. That said if you don't need that much machine you may not be as happy. They are phycially a heavy machine, which impacts trailering and ground disturbance. When your working them, they use fuel. So I guess if in short if your in need of a machine this big its a great choice and probably one of the best machines CASE builds. If you only need a 1500 ROC machine it may not be a great match as it is a large machine and a little ungainly in tight places.

Proudly running CASE and Takeuchi equipment.
Old 03-04-2006, 10:10 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

ksss, do you know if Case ever did any production studies of the 95XT against the [Bobcat] 963?
Old 03-04-2006, 01:16 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

I am only speculating, but since the design of the 95XT was released in 97 I am sure that the 963 was probably their focus. At that time, it was the only machine to compete against in that weight class. However, I have never seen nor have been told of any production studies that compares the two. It appeared that Bobcat planned to market the 883 against the 95XT, but I think it kind of missed the mark. That model didn't stick around that long.

Old 03-04-2006, 07:24 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

The 963 was released after the 95XT by only a tiny bit. I remember emailing Bobcat about it and weeks later read in Worksaver that the 963 was released.

I won't say anything about marketing the 873 (oh, did you say the 883? ) against the 95XT...
Old 03-04-2006, 08:10 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Yes you are probably correct. I am remembering the 953. The 883 was just a heavier 873 with a larger tire option with no more hp or breakout.

Old 03-05-2006, 12:52 AM
LawnSite Member

If you ever need a high flow machine for a particular attachment, it would be the machine of choice.