Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 03-06-2006, 02:48 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Shirts and Hats, Patches/Silkscreen or embroider?

Where do you guys get shirts? What kind of prices (just averageing) would i be looking at? I don't think i need any golf shirts just yet, (well maybe 1 or 2 for nice occassions) T-shirts and a decent ball cap.
Old 03-06-2006, 02:55 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

i prefer t shirts, screened. pretty good wear, and extremely cost effective. easy to order, quick to make, etc. i get my t shirts, for about $6.50 each (XL), that's with front and back print. this is my first year with an actual logo ona hat. i'm using run of the mill khaki hats plain, and will iron on/sew my logo patch.
i may also, buy a some short sleeved Dickies shirts to put the patch on, for a more formal look on occasion, like an estimate, etc.
Old 03-06-2006, 05:00 PM
LawnSite Member

Silkscreen ages much better than the decal transfer, on T'shirts - we get ours 2-color, front and back for 8.50/pc and they can mix/match shirt color - we go ash grey XL for all the crew... Ash doesn't fade to weird colors after 30 washes...
Never tried patches - have embroidery done for hooded sweatshirts and hats (36.- for the sweatshirts, 9.- for the hats) but embroidery can't do the shading silkscreens does -an issue with our logo... Stopped doing the hats a while ago anyway.... Sweatshirts are for they loyal few, who survive 2 seasons or more.
Old 03-06-2006, 05:03 PM
LawnSite Member

Oh yeah - the boss has a couple of collared polo shirts with embroidered small logo for site visits/estimates. Wear forever, and look more presentable/professional - can't silkscreen on that fabric though...
Old 03-06-2006, 05:25 PM
LawnSite Member

What about cafepress? Have you checked them out? I am thinking about using them. You can design your own stuff and they have shirts,hats, and all kinds of stuff.They are a little pricey, but not to bad. I did a search on their site and there are other lawn business owners using them.I even saw a lawn care thong
Old 03-06-2006, 06:24 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

i just ordered 18 t-shirts screen printed , 6 polos embroidered and 12 hats embroidered for $380 . heres where i got them www.stlouisshirtguy.com mention my name ( jeff koper )and he will hook you up with a good price.
Old 03-07-2006, 09:13 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Jeff- I'm going to go in there tomorrow with this raini comming. I'll mention your name.
Old 03-09-2006, 12:19 PM
LawnSite Member

Ive only ever bought the embroidered ones. The guy that I use is a local guy, and has been great. Wheather I need one shirt, or 2 dozen, he gets them for me. He also doesnt charge me anything for set up, and i can use as many colors as i want with no extra charge. Ive had the cheap shirts, but they look like crap after a while. So I spend the money, about $11.00 each for good ones. I used to use the blue ones, but was amazed at how much cooler the heathered gray ones are.