Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 03-07-2006, 11:27 AM
LawnSite Member

Husqvarna CZ4817

I'm new to the site (and the business). I'm looking for a solid ZTR to be my principle mower. I don't have a heavy load yet, but hopefully I will work into around 20 lawns. This mower is 4 years old, 311 hours. 17 hp Kohler Command. It seems to be running great. It cuts great. His bottom line is $1,000. Is it worth it? Its designed to be a homeowner's mower, not commercial, but I think it will do the job for me for now. Thanks for your thoughts.
Old 04-08-2006, 10:34 PM
LawnSite Member

Husky CZ

The Husky should be a good mower for starting your business. I think it's a good idea to buy used initially. In the event you decide this business is not for you, you are only out $1,000.00, not 6 or 7 thousand new ZTR mowers cost. If you decide to stick with the business, you can always resell the Husky and not get hurt too badly since your investment is only $1,000. Before buying, ask the owner if he will allow you to use the machine on your yard. If he has nothing to hide, he should allow you to do so. Check the spindles and make sure they are solid. Spindles or hydro pump replacement can cost more than the mower is worth. Good luck. Wheebil