Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 03-07-2006, 08:35 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

the money was still green
Old 03-07-2006, 08:55 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

n/m , my reply probably would have been deleted anyway..
Old 03-07-2006, 09:22 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

i think i might have just mowed his bushes down on my way out
agri metal strawblower
more power and hand tools than i haul
Old 03-08-2006, 01:04 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Can we grow up alittle? Why take offense to that??? You are obviously more intelligent and better off in the real world than he is. I never let words bother me, I don't care what they are or who they are coming from.

At least he paid you

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCS Lawn Care
Ok let me just say that what im about to say is the gods honest truth.

YEsterday started as any morning up at 0700 let the dogs out grap some ceral say good by to the wife and off to mow. Thankfully i was in my neiborhood on my block yesterday. I mow mine and my neibors at the same time so there i am puttin along when BAM i blew the eng. to deck on my Dixie. Ok go in the shop to get one..... none there(crap) got to the trailor none there(double crap). Ok fine grap the wifes car and go litereally 1 min to the local Dixie dealer and get one for 30.00 bucks. Put it on and start mowing no problem. Im on the 4th yard of a very easy schedule day (only 7 to do) when a black man approaches me to mow his lawn, but its gotta be by 1200. I saw no problem 60 bucks for a one time cut. He agrees. I go start cuttin his yard he comes out says looks good can you also plant these 12 bushed i tell ok and charge hime 200 for that. He agrees i plant his bushes then has me weed somethings, this entire time he is watching me work. When i finally get done he walks over with the money in hand and DROPS IT ON THE GROUND YES $260.00 ONT HE FA-QING GROUND. SO isay WHAT THE FA-Q IS YOUR PROBLEM? he says an i quote " I DONT CARE ABOUT THE MONEY I JUST LIKE WATCHING YOU WHITE PEOPLE WORKING FOR ME A BLACK MAN. NOW GO AWAY WHITEY" I coulden belive it i grapped the money and walked away.

So i then go to my next house and half way through the lawn my deck belt goes. Now im angery i put the new belt on thankfully i had one and finish the lawn. As i start to weed whip i Run out of line.

Such a crappy day yesterday i Took today off.

CHris
www.qualitylawncare.biz
Serving Western New York since 1998.

"Everyone has bad breaks but everyone also has opportunities. I think luck is the sense to recognize an opportunity and the ability to take advantage of it..." -Samuel Goldwyn
Old 03-08-2006, 01:44 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I agree with the majority here. I experienced that when I was in the army...no big deal.

It's safe to say that I had a very sheltered life growing up in a small town in Wyoming. I was 20 years old when I first encountered racism, and it was from a black sergeant. It bothered me a little, but I learned to ignore it once I realized how ignorant he really was. Actually, I kinda felt sorry for him.

It's really sad to see a person with so much resentment and hate in their soul. In a case like this you should hand him back $10 and ask him to put it in the offering tray at church. Then tell him you'll keep him in your prayers, and ask God to fill that dark hole in his soul so that he may learn to love his fellow neighbor.

Then make a quick exit before he gets his hands on your tools and tries to kill you.
Old 03-08-2006, 04:12 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Should of told him, It would of cost half as much if he was white!
Old 03-08-2006, 05:31 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickhippy
Should of told him, It would of cost half as much if he was white!
Now thats funny!
Seriously, though, this guy was obviously a moron. Let it go. Like someone else said, black folks have been dealing with much worse than this for centuries. Don't let it change your view of blacks, either. If you let that happen because of one idiot, then you are just as dumb as him. He doesn't represent the black race, only his own stupid self.
Old 03-08-2006, 07:04 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

He paid the bill. What's the problem. Dropping the money was a little rude. If he wants more stuff done, do it. Another lesson for the day is preventative maintenance. Don't wait for things to break, just replace them after so much time. Down time costs more than the parts.
Old 03-08-2006, 07:31 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LawnBrother
Now thats funny!
Seriously, though, this guy was obviously a moron. Let it go. Like someone else said, black folks have been dealing with much worse than this for centuries. Don't let it change your view of blacks, either. If you let that happen because of one idiot, then you are just as dumb as him. He doesn't represent the black race, only his own stupid self.

True too. Just because of one person being an idiot doensn't mean the rest of them are like that. I have a tendency to explode inside. BUT, sometimes hoplding back in the long run would evenually payoff, wouldn't it? Well, also think of this: if people are really that ignorant, dumb and stupid to even mention something like that or any other remarks, Ask our self this> Why should I lower myself to his/her standards? ( I ask that each time I get racial slurs at me me or any comments/remarks)

Quote:
Originally Posted by topsites View Post

"First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win."
-- Mahatma Gandhi
Full time college student> Landscape Design and Construction @ Kent State Salem

Help save planet Earth. It's the only planet with chocolate!
Old 03-08-2006, 08:36 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

If that's your worst day ever, then you have not been working that long....He paid you to be slave for a few hours...no biggie....Its what all your coustomers do, some are just nicer than others...

So he's rude. but he's got cash...As steve miller once said...."go on take the money and run..."