Register free!

Old 03-10-2006, 01:07 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

vynil siding and downlighting

Has anyone mounted disc lights in the eves of a house with siding under the eaes ? If so what fixture and how did you mount it? hide the wires? etc. We are looking to downlight some areas out of the eve

I could easily tuck the wires under the siding but hiding the splices etc might post a prob. Would reccesed high voltage be a better alternative even tho it would be a pain the butt and expensive ?
Old 03-10-2006, 09:45 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Recessed lights

Proscapes, Focus manufactures a couple of MR16 recessed lights. Talk with Elizabeth or Dennis in Florida. Maybe you could get away with the Cast Niche light. If you do recessed lighting you need to check code on low voltage wires entering a dwelling. I don't know if it needs conduit or not. Does anyone here know what code is on this issue. I have asked before on another forum but never received a definitive answer.

Also, have not done that install yet. Will get back with you on that issue. You and your wife have a great weekend.

Sam IV
Old 03-10-2006, 09:53 AM
LawnSite Member

Wiring inside buildings opens up a whole can of worms from code issues to liability. Whenever possible avoid them. Word to the wise Check with your local building department first.