Search

Click for Weather

Old 03-11-2006, 10:09 AM
LawnSite Member

Post work vehicles

a station wagon?
Old 03-11-2006, 01:55 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

were fans of a trailer..we modified the inside with shelving and a work bench. got a tall one so we can stand up inside. have power in it so we have fans in it in the summer and even more important for you and me hotshot...heat in the winter. nice to be able to pull up to job and just drop it and leave it to advertise for you while your on job. also does a better job of advertising while were on the road than lettering on a truck...much larger pallet to put your info on. turns my truck into more of a dual use vehicle..personal/work.
chris
Old 03-11-2006, 02:01 PM
LawnSite Member

We just ordered our new trailer 6x12 Black enclosed. Niteliters, I plan on building shelving and a bench as well. I felt the trailer will work best for the reasons you stated. Having nice graphics and logo's put on next week hopefully. If you have any suggestions on setting it up I would appreciate it. Right now we are going to have a rolling fixture cart to roll out with power on it. Can't wait to get it on the road.
Chris
Old 03-11-2006, 07:37 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

chris, were you at lvlia conference or Nightscaping U or am I loosing my mind. I think I have your business card somewhere??
Old 03-11-2006, 09:56 PM
LawnSite Member

Niteliters,

I was not at Lvlia this year. I am thinking about joining and hopefully will be involved next year. I have not met you yet. Someday soon, you have some nice knowledge of this field. I have chatted with Paul over on his site, very knowledgable as well.
Thanks,
Ps. if you have any setup tips for the trailer I would appreciate it.
Chris
Old 03-11-2006, 10:18 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

I started looking for a trailer a couple of weeks ago. I'll be giving you a call Chris, real soon about that.

Paul R Gosselin, Sr., CLVLT(#0632)
NightScenes Corporation
President, AOLP
www.night-scenes.com
www.facebook.com/NightScenes
Old 03-11-2006, 11:42 PM
LawnSite Member

Paul,
I bought a Nighthawk, by American Hauler. Fairly new company I believe. I liked Haulmark and wells cargo as well. I met the American Hauler rep at a hardscape show. He was closer and could have it ready faster. Had some extras put in. I had the side door moved back an extra foot, to give me a larger workbench up front. Also a V-nose. 6'7 interior height i believe .Plywood floors and walls,No Luan.16" floor beams. 2 interior lights and vent. 6x12 Black
talk to you soon
Chris
Old 03-11-2006, 11:44 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Chris, does the back door open from the top down, to make a ramp? I think that would be the way to go.

Paul R Gosselin, Sr., CLVLT(#0632)
NightScenes Corporation
President, AOLP
www.night-scenes.com
www.facebook.com/NightScenes
Old 03-11-2006, 11:49 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Paul didn't know you were looking into trailer too. our trailer is 6'7" or around there...big enough to walk in. Side door is a must..improved ventilation, also sometimes you have to get your trailer into places where back or side can't both be used. we have electrical with breaker box in our trailer. we have a 150' we hook up to customers outlet. Nice to be able to have heat in the winter and fans in the summer. We usually are about 10 degress cooler in the in the summer.
Old 03-11-2006, 11:54 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

let me know about that v shape front end and how it works for you chris. plywood floor has worked out fine for us...water from rain..sweat hasn't been a problem..no warping etc. The shelving was made out of that heavy duty board...looks like several thinner boards compressed together. I'll try to find out the name. the finish is smooth..no splinters and it's heavy duty so it doesn't buckle. One final idea I can think to pass along is my dad put a piece of trim around the outside of the workbench. Keeps things from just roling off