Register free!

Old 03-15-2006, 01:59 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Feedback please

This year we are trying to get a jump on some of the services we wanted to offer last year but were unable to. One of these services is seasonal displays, a service where we will bring a pre planned seasonal display to the clients property, setup, leave it for around six weeks, come back and take and store for the year. We will offer a spring/Easter display, summer/fourth of July, fall/Thanksgiving, and winter/Christmas.
The display posted is the spring/Easter, we anticipate putting these up around April 1.
I'm asking for some honest feed back as to how you think it looks, if it looks like crap tell me and please tell me why, if you think it looks pretty good I'd also like you to let me know why.

I appreciate the heck out of any responses and will do my best to answer any questions.
Thanks guys
Attached Images

Old 03-15-2006, 02:04 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I like it. adds some color, but is simple. My question is are you offering different packages. Some folks may like to add a little bit more to their display. I am just thinking about people around my way. It may be different around yours. However, what you have looks good. I guess what I am asking is are you offering options or one type of seasonal package.
Old 03-15-2006, 02:20 PM
LawnSite Member

I think that this is a great idea and would work better in the more upscale neighborhoods. I would put an ad in the local paper or flyers and stress how efficient it would be to the customer. Every home owner that I know who does this for themselves are always complaining of having to climb in the attic to find their displays. Good luck
Old 03-15-2006, 02:22 PM
LawnSite Member

I like it. It's subtle. Cool.

Ollie.
Old 03-15-2006, 02:25 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trinity Lawn Care, LLC
I like it. adds some color, but is simple. My question is are you offering different packages. Some folks may like to add a little bit more to their display. I am just thinking about people around my way. It may be different around yours. However, what you have looks good. I guess what I am asking is are you offering options or one type of seasonal package.
Thanks Trinity, funny my mother-in-law asked the same thing LOL! I guess at this point I'm not anxious to get "bogged" down in an I want this thing or that thing type of service, small customizable requests are certainly within reason, but what I'm looking for from clients in general is a favorable response. This is kind of a pilot program right now still in its infancy stage of development, I've only put together 4 displays. Materials costs are very low and I did this initial work with the help of my wife, with the idea being if it goes over well I have somebody I can contract the actual making of props for the display to and he can "churn" them out. What I envision is this: if these go over my wood worker gets busy we look towards customization to suit individual tastes at that time.
For now we can certainly paint different colors use different flower schemes, you know simple but within reason changes.
Thank you for the response
Old 03-15-2006, 02:34 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by southernlandscapespecial
I think that this is a great idea and would work better in the more upscale neighborhoods. I would put an ad in the local paper or flyers and stress how efficient it would be to the customer. Every home owner that I know who does this for themselves are always complaining of having to climb in the attic to find their displays. Good luck
Thanks,

We have a customer with a beautiful home located on a main road in the town we service, and have toyed with the idea of placing the display in her yard for free providing we can also place our sign with it.

functionality is the my main goal in this offering, the homeowner does virtually nothing from fabricating, to setup, to storage, we take care of it all, of course we want it to be visually appealing also.

Thanks for the input Ollie