Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 04-10-2000, 09:16 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

I'm looking to mount a electric fertilizer spreader on a ZTR, what brands do you guys use? I have found one called Herald that guys use for spreading grass seed on pasture fields but not sure if they are accurate enough for lawn use yet. I'm too old and crippled to push my spreader anymore and don't want to turn around with a pull type.
Old 04-10-2000, 09:58 PM
Banned

Maybe look into the Jrco spreader. There are others out there, but it's the one I've seen and heard the most about. (Which is precious little, still.)<p>John
Old 04-10-2000, 10:11 PM
Banned

Location: anthracite valley, commonwealth of pennsylvania Winter residence: Charlotte County FLA
Lesco sells one that is better (cheaper $350us, better closing/opening mech) for<br>resideintal/commercial work.<p>Even at slowest motor speed setting it (jrco)<br>throws too far.<p>There should be a Lesco in Buffalo or Detroit.<p>It's great for athletic fields (jrco).
Old 04-10-2000, 10:15 PM
Banned

What about the open/closing mechanism is better? What differences would I notice were I to use both units?<p>John
Old 04-10-2000, 11:47 PM

Hello:<p>Check this one out at www.lawnservicing.com/spread4/<p>Erick just purchased one about 10 to 14 days ago, he should respond to this post when he reads it! LOL, I hope!<p>I have just received permission (Internet Exclusive) to market a product just for the Pros with ZTR's, front deck & mid walk behind mowers. <p>It's a Front Mount Electric Spreader designed by a Pro like yourselves in the business. <p>All it can do is Increase your Profit Margins & Bottom Line. No Walking, Reduces Time and Labor! One button/foot operation, both hands steer, no large control boxes, or rheostats!<p>Links to the Front Mount Electric Spreader is also on both of the URL's below!<p>----------<br>GrassMaster - Home: www.lawnservicing.com<br>My Start Up Page www.lawnservicing.com/startup/<p><br>
Old 04-11-2000, 07:28 AM
Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

How did I miss this one. Yes I like this new Spread 4 Mower spreader. What I like is it has an electric gate opener and closer too. One button starts and stops it all. It has a 15' pattern when spreading and holds 80 lbs. It has a bracket that mounts to your mower which is a 1 1/4&quot; reciever hitch, so you only need to slide in the unit, put in a pin, and then plug in the electric. I give it an A Plus rating.<p>----------<br>&lt;a href=&quot;http://www.townserver.com/elm/&quot;&gt;Eric@ELM&lt;/a&gt;<br>
Old 04-11-2000, 09:39 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Took a look at the Herald phamplet, it has an adjustable spread of 15 to 30 feet by controling the speed of the fan. Looks pretty durable, I have a friend who uses his for clover seeding and it works good. I will be picking it up tomorrow, the dealer is only 5 miles away. If it's no good I'll resell it but it's gotta be better than pushing. I did anothe lawn tonight with the wbh, what a pain, I have a 4 acre place to do next week so I will have the electric ready for it. Thanks guys.
Old 04-12-2000, 09:43 PM
LawnSite Member

I just have bought a Earthway electric model 2180 spreader($225) I also got the 2&quot; reciever truck mount ($45) Then on the front of my Deere Z-Trak counter weight between the two front wheels had a 2&quot; reciver welded on. i then connect it to the battery with a quick connect and control the gate opener with my foot. I have fertilized all my yards this year and love it. It sure makes the day go by easier.