Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 03-18-2006, 06:05 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

shake my spreader?

Just bought a new Lesco 80 also. Expensive but am really happy with it. Question, btw, do those of you with the same spreader find yourself having to occasionally shake or jolt the unit to get the fertilizer to start falling? I thought that problem would go away when I replaced my older junker.

I just copied this post from another forum and want to know if there is any fix for this. I have the same problem, and yes everything is calibrated. It's like when you first open the hopper to start spreading it kinda trickles out so you have to bounce or shake the spreader to get it to come out at a normal discharge rate. It's not bad when it's half full but when it's full it starts to be a real pain. Any help would be much appreciated.
Old 03-23-2006, 01:02 AM
LawnSite Member

All depends on your fertilizer, the humidity, type of product. Some materials settle better then others, they tend to pack. Does the spreader have the vibrating rod at the bottom, it's like a "Z" that goes over the three holes. If it does not that might also explain the problem. Talk to your local Lesco rep. they can probably help.
Old 03-23-2006, 01:20 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Instead of shaking or bouncing the spreader try popping the shutoff lever open, closed, and then open again. When I start the run I just have a habit of wiggiling it back and forth a time or two and it seems to get it flowing faster. The further you have pushed it without the holes open the worse it may be, also if you have left product sit in the hopper for a few hours. Overnight is a no no...