Register free!

Old 03-19-2006, 03:44 PM
LawnSite Member

Maybe I have ranted and raved on other posts. I probably deserve my post to be hijacked.

But in reality not one person really addressed my question.

I don’t care about any ones political position and views on illegal immigration. I especially did not ask for any ones views as to how it affected you or our industry.

So with that said, I am here in the “Organic” forum of Lawn Site trying again to become educated.

I have many lawns that are mostly clover and dandelions. I need to maybe use Corn Gluten Meal to prevent the weeds from germinating this spring.

Then I was thinking of using Woodstream’s Ringer Lawn Restore a few months later with seeding. Maybe even virticut before seeding. I was thinking of maybe using Fish Emulsion and or Microp Organic Soil Builder as well as a fish emulsion and kelp separately or in combination.

I figure that I should use a good pre-emergent. Then seed and use Ringer. A few months later use the Microp with fish emulsion and kelp. I hope that I will reinstate the microbial herd. Maybe this approach will start the process of turning the soil around. I hope to then establishing grass in the areas where the weeds currently are King.

We are going to get the soil tested. I want to fix the ph as well as to know what the soil is starved of.

I was wandering I was on the right track or not. I was looking for some guidance. I really want to use the organic approach. I truly believe Organic is the smartest and best program.

In no means is it political. My choice is because it is the intelligent program. I don’t want a chemically dependant lawn whose microbial herd is dead. I want a self sustaining lawn that is healthy and has a symbiotic relationship with the soil and the food web sustained there in. I also don’t want potential for harming customers, their kids, pets or my self. Yeah I know many natural products are still quite harmful to humans and animals, but you know where I am coming from.

I am not certified in chemical application. At this time I am performing research and wanting to learn. I want to start a program on my lawn. I also am trying to provide my church with advice. Their lawn is maybe 80% clover and dandelions.

So if every one is over the Mexican thing, can we have a discussion about Organic programs?

Last edited by HK45Mark23; 03-19-2006 at 03:51 PM.
Old 03-19-2006, 03:45 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Microbe
I'm a good guy and while I'm young I wana make a positive impact on society and introduce something that will truely impact the earth positivly. There's so much lying, misdirecting customers, technicians that don't know the difference between crab grass and foxtail. Whatever field I"m in wether it be in the green industry or the music industry I will have a positive impact and will educate customers as well as keep there family safe from toxic gardener's who commit herbicide on a regular basis. Your also right, I dont want those customers.
I totally agree with what you wrote here, and I think that's why a lot of us are here on the organic forum. To trade ideas, prouducts, etc. with the ultimate goal of doing something positive as well.

I apologize too, as reading the post is totally different than speaking with someone. There's a lot to be taken out of context....
Old 03-19-2006, 04:10 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NattyLawn
Nature's Pro looks like a franchise similiar to Natural Lawn. The website tells you about the company, and has a lot of info on it. .
I think thats the answer to your question
Old 03-19-2006, 04:41 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Az Gardener
I think thats the answer to your question

Also, here's the link to thread with the previous question you posted.
http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=109048&page=2