Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 03-18-2006, 12:46 PM
LawnSite Member

Bidding a RV Park

I am bidding a Rv park in my area. The park has about 200 RV lots on it. I would guess the whole property to be about 10-12 acres including the roads. The contract is for the usual mowing, edging, blowing off pads, roads and pruning shrubs in common areas. I am guessing an average of 1.5 days a week for myself and 2 helpers (Closer to 2 days in the summer, 1 day in the winter) Most of the issue is the fact that there are alot of small spaces vs. wide open areas. How would you bid it?
Old 03-18-2006, 09:09 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

We cut a couple of big properties that I will tell you the time frame to help guess the time better.
46 acre apartment complex with 176 buildings on it, just a cut blow and go. 1.5 days with 2 JD 777's 60" and 2 people
20 acre apartment complex with 56 buildings on it, cut, edge, trim and blow. 6-7 hours with 4 people.

I did a RV park last year. It was much smaller than the one you are talking about. It was about 4.5 acres. Took about 4 hours to cut, edge trim and blow. No hedges. The thing that took the longest was we couldn't use any big mowers on it. Every thing was small and it had tons of trimming. They were cheap on pay also.

Good luck on your bid. Look at the time though. See if you can get your estimate down to under one day. I would imagine they won't pay over 2-3 dollars per slip.

Phil
Old 03-18-2006, 09:15 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

One more thing, look out for the way the crapper tubes are laying on the ground. The people we did the work for last year would not concrete the areas for the tubes to lay on. This meant they were on the ground seeping poo and making the grass grow very fast. You cant put a string trimmer around them. They cut very fast. They are a glorified dryer exhaust tube. They only cost $10 each but you are talking about 200. Spraying round up is not really an option ether. Sorry I don't have encouraging stuff to tell you but this is what we ran into.

Phil
Old 03-19-2006, 06:48 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

focus on the cost of doing just one,how long does it take to do the best job with it,then multiply the number you need to do and you should have a ballpark.
Old 03-20-2006, 09:02 PM
LawnSite Member

Thanks for your insight.
Old 03-28-2006, 09:22 PM
LawnSite Member

Hey, what would you bid for a job that took 1.5 days on average a week (12 hours, 36 man hours per week, 52 weeks)? I will be talking to the guy tomorrow about this so any thoughts would be great.