Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 03-20-2006, 11:33 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRAAAP
I have that in my dump. I have a friend that works there and got it free for me.
Old 03-22-2006, 06:51 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

how much to put the dump body on?
Old 03-23-2006, 09:03 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBL
how much to put the dump body on?

TOOO MUCH.. do you ever think of all the OTHER things you could do with money you spend? Well I could've put a down payment on a small house, taken a month vacation, or bought a used sports car!!!!!!!!!!! Ok maybe im exaggerating a bit.

I bought the eagle wheel simulators, should be here in a couple days. I also went with this for the liner: http://www.magnetpaints.com/underbody.asp because I heard some good reviews!
Old 03-24-2006, 11:14 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Well.... After I posted all my ramblings about the chassis saver for your bed, you MAY want to re-think that!

I just noticed today that places on the sides of my bed are PEELING off right down to bare metal. I noticed it and was pissed, but I forgot to inspect any further once I got home. I need to check it out more closely tomorrow. The steel I put the coating on was new steel (which, according to the directions is the HARDEST to apply too) but I wire-wheeled the surface as per the instructions to give it some "bite". Happy, I am not...

Bigjeeping, I apologize for any inconvience. I'm sure this is some kind of error on my part that is causing the peeling, but this just brings to light how much prep and perfect application techiniques this product needs. Possibly more than I had patience for.
Old 03-25-2006, 09:42 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Sweet truck, yes wheel simulators for sure...

Here is my old dump with chromie simulators..
Attached Images

Old 03-25-2006, 11:07 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Rose
Well.... After I posted all my ramblings about the chassis saver for your bed, you MAY want to re-think that!

I just noticed today that places on the sides of my bed are PEELING off right down to bare metal. I noticed it and was pissed, but I forgot to inspect any further once I got home. I need to check it out more closely tomorrow. The steel I put the coating on was new steel (which, according to the directions is the HARDEST to apply too) but I wire-wheeled the surface as per the instructions to give it some "bite". Happy, I am not...

Bigjeeping, I apologize for any inconvience. I'm sure this is some kind of error on my part that is causing the peeling, but this just brings to light how much prep and perfect application techiniques this product needs. Possibly more than I had patience for.

Oh man, I just got received mine yesterday! The directions say for bare metal you should sand blast it first. For "previously painted surfaces" (my dump bed) It says you should SCUFF SAND ALL PAINTED SURFACES TO DULL GLOSSY AREAS.

Man I hope this works... Does anyone know what scuff sand means? I am planing on just sanding it by hand!

Fingers crossed!

Eagle Flight wheel simulators installed 2 days ago! Thanks guys!
Old 03-25-2006, 11:35 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

The chrome wheel simulators look great on trucks...Now I want a set.

www.luxurylawninc.com

http://www.facebook.com/#!/LarryN828
Old 03-25-2006, 11:42 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lux Lawn
The chrome wheel simulators look great on trucks...Now I want a set.
Time to pull some of that out of your overstuffed mattress Larry

Rob
Old 03-25-2006, 02:56 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjeeping
Oh man, I just got received mine yesterday! The directions say for bare metal you should sand blast it first. For "previously painted surfaces" (my dump bed) It says you should SCUFF SAND ALL PAINTED SURFACES TO DULL GLOSSY AREAS.

Man I hope this works... Does anyone know what scuff sand means? I am planing on just sanding it by hand!

Fingers crossed!

Eagle Flight wheel simulators installed 2 days ago! Thanks guys!
Well on my already painted surfaces I had, the flatbed itself, the paint was about 4 years old already and I used a wire cup wheel on an angle grinder to scuff the surface and dull the finish. (Mine is diamond tread steel, no good way to SAND it.) On the sides, we had just built them out of 16 ga. sheet metal and angle iron. The sheet metal was NEW. I was worried at the time weather or not I had prepped the surface good enough... I used denatured alcohol to de-oil everything and used the wire cup wheel on the sheet metal as well. I could see the tiny scratches it left on the surface but they were too small to even feel with my fingertips.

I don't have access to a sand blaster, nor was I going to fool around trying to go to a paint shop and PAY someone to blast them. Looks like I messed up and should have done that... I always get in a hurry (combination of NO patience and A.D.D. lol) I had the time but I was already 6 weekends into the dump bed project and I was wanting it DONE.
Old 03-25-2006, 06:21 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

HOW MUCH WAS the dump incl installation was thinking of doing to my dually