Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 03-21-2006, 07:35 PM
LawnSite Member

Wylie Sprayer? Roller Pump Vs. Diafram Pump

IM BUYING A NEW WYLIE SPRAY RIG 200 GALLON TANK WITH A 5.5 HP HONDA WITH A ELECTRIC REEL AND 300FT OF 800 PSI HOSE WITH A HYPRO 8 ROLLER PUMP AND A 180 DEGREE SWIVEL HOSE REEL . A TEE-JET 25660 (CHEMLAWN) SPRAY GUN. ON A SKID AND THEY WILL MOUNT IT ON MY TRAILER INCLUDED... THE TOTAL PRICE IS 3414.00. Is this a good deal?

Anyways ive heard bad and good about diaphram vs. roller. That roller was trash and diaphram was good but if you spray pendamethalon it has to be waterbased.

Can some comment about this please.
Thanks
Old 04-03-2006, 11:10 PM
LawnSite Member

I know this thread is been a while ago but i thinks thats to much money i have 2 tanks a 125 gallon and a 100 gallon a 5HP honda engine a 4 roller silvercast pump a manual hose reel with 200 ft of 3/8 hose on it and all plumbing hooked up to it pressure relief valve,fittings etc all mounted on 6x8 trailer built this spray rig other than the trailer myself costed me under $1000 well with the trailer $1500 and this setup is or better then a wylie sprayer their to pricey i think.
Old 04-04-2006, 03:33 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

For that price, I would think that the setup would be with a Hypro D-30 (diaphragm) instead of a roller pump, more suited to some of the slurries we tend to pump(even if not intentiional). If the reel is a Hannay, you're probably in the neighborhood of a lot of skid setups. By the way, that Teejet gun is not a chemlawn gun, there are some big differences between the two and the Teejet(sp) gun is a cheaper gun, so that you know.