Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 03-27-2006, 08:36 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ripple
Well yea Fords and Chevys are apples and oranges...I just like the oranges better. Chevys imo are build more heavy duty then a ford...I have seen so many Fords squat when loaded and it just doesnt need to be that way.
Theres a guy in my home town that drives around pulling a skid steer trailer with a ford 250 and the front tires on the truck are almost off theground everytime I see him go by...
If your gonna pull heavy trailers at least use weight distribution bars.
I have had this discussion too many times...
Just drive safe....argh...
The front tires almost being off the ground don't really have to do with the truck more with the trailer. That is caused from tounge weight. Trailers are supposed to be loaded so all the weight is over the axels so the trailer carrys the weight and the truck is just pulling.
I have a Ford f-350 and agree the rear sqats easy but it has a great ride and even though it squats I have dropped close to 3 tons in the back and carried it easily.
my $0.02
Old 03-27-2006, 09:09 PM
LawnSite Member

Alot of trees!!! I love the truck. Ford all the way
Old 03-27-2006, 09:39 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEUSWEDE
The front tires almost being off the ground don't really have to do with the truck more with the trailer. That is caused from tounge weight. Trailers are supposed to be loaded so all the weight is over the axels so the trailer carrys the weight and the truck is just pulling.
I have a Ford f-350 and agree the rear sqats easy but it has a great ride and even though it squats I have dropped close to 3 tons in the back and carried it easily.
my $0.02
ROFL

Exmark Lazerz 44"
Exmark Lazerz 60"
Exmark Metro 21"
Old 03-27-2006, 10:05 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I bet its not as bad as seeing a toyota seqoua pull a bobcat 863 skid, down the highway. That was funny.
Old 03-27-2006, 11:15 PM
LawnSite Member

who is the blond in the truck? in the third pic.

by the way fords are built heavier than any chevy i have ever seen. I have owned both and never will go back to a chevy. just my .02
Old 03-28-2006, 08:45 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by elmo1537
who is the blond in the truck? in the third pic.

by the way fords are built heavier than any chevy i have ever seen. I have owned both and never will go back to a chevy. just my .02
That is my wife, I don't think she knew I was taking a picture. Glad to hear people love Fords. And no, my MPG didn't change much, just goes to show you what that v10 is built for, not driving empty thats for sure.
Old 03-30-2006, 01:18 PM
LawnSite Member

haha if you could only see the truck in that pic i would think you had airbags on a superduty lol
Old 03-31-2006, 04:46 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

We did a load like that 3 years ago stopped in parking lot in a ice storm trailer slid down the hill truck was stuck truck jack knifed. Still have dent under tail light to remind me of that trip. After checking supplier out no more trips for plants that far. I can sell the semi loads verses driving and make more money. They like trees in Carmel Ind.. We had the 65, and a 80, and a 90Tree spades there and people were stopping and asking us about selling them trees. We moved 1200 trees for the guy used to own dura homes. I would contact him about his subdivisions. Also looking for Blue spruce from up there. If you know of some please call me (816) 739-8733 Dave P.S. try to mow his personal house 178 acres criss crossed every time.
Old 04-03-2006, 11:12 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travel'n Trees
We did a load like that 3 years ago stopped in parking lot in a ice storm trailer slid down the hill truck was stuck truck jack knifed. Still have dent under tail light to remind me of that trip. After checking supplier out no more trips for plants that far. I can sell the semi loads verses driving and make more money. They like trees in Carmel Ind.. We had the 65, and a 80, and a 90Tree spades there and people were stopping and asking us about selling them trees. We moved 1200 trees for the guy used to own dura homes. I would contact him about his subdivisions. Also looking for Blue spruce from up there. If you know of some please call me (816) 739-8733 Dave P.S. try to mow his personal house 178 acres criss crossed every time.
How many Blue Spruce do you want, what size? Do you know this guy well with Dura? Thanks,
Old 04-04-2006, 10:32 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I just brought a truck load from up north what do you got? I worked for him a month over in Carmel. He isn't the most talkitive person I've met. (816) 739-8733