Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 03-24-2006, 10:56 AM
LawnSite Member

DUmp Valve position on SACG SWZ 48 inch

Hi All- Any one have experience with hydraulic dump valve levers on a SCAG 48 inch walk-behind mower???
Heres the problem- Im getting ready for the new season and I need to adjust the tracking. Im using the manual and it is not clear. It shows a pic of the dump valve levers labeled “normal position” which shows the levers with the bolt that passes thru the adjusting nut in a vertical position.
To operate it says the dump valve levers must be returned to the closed position.
What is closed and how do I tell? Is closed when the adjusting nut is screwed all the way in ? What about the freewheel position? It must be the opposite?
On this particular model (SWZ 48A) the tracking is actually adjusted with a seaparte cam mechanism that allows you to increase or decrease the hand lever travel – whichleads me to believe that the dump valves should be left wide open which to me means the nut is tightened all the way in???? Is this correct??
I jacked the wheels in the air and can see a visable difference on wheel speed when I turn the dump valve nut. I really want to make sure that I have both dump valves set correctly. thanks dave
Old 03-24-2006, 12:04 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Screw the dump valve nut clockwise to close and make adjustments from this position. When you want to push the unit by hand open the valve counter-clock wise 1/2 turn. Don't worry about what position the through bolt is pointing.

"Why go out preserved when you can go out beat up, worn out, sliding in sideways screaming, Holy Sh!t What A Ride" !!!
Old 03-24-2006, 01:32 PM
LawnSite Member

Restrorob- thanks-- your info is exactly what I was looking for!!! I figured the thru-bolts position was irrelevant. Thanks dave