Register free!

Old 03-27-2006, 02:06 AM
LawnSite Member

Need help starting

Hi,

Im just starting in the landscaping business and I'm very interested in doing landscape lighting as it doesnt seem to be a much tapped market in my area. My questions are:

1. Do you need to be a licensed electrician to do this type of work? If so how do I go about doing that?

2. Is there any type of good software that has been designed to help do this particular type of business?

3. Do you guys use pictures, models, or something else to try and sell the product to your customer?

4. Have you invested in purchasing differnt light fixtures and other materials for the sole purpose of displaying to your customers?

5. How do I get information on holiday lighting?

Thanks for the help!!

Jason
Old 06-17-2006, 10:58 PM
LawnSite Member

yeah i really would like to know where to get info on this too. i've done some searching on the web and can't find much of anything i don't know if i'm lookin it up wrong or what lol, some help would be appreciated. oops i thought this was a holiday lighting post my bad lol,

Last edited by mowermonkey; 06-17-2006 at 11:03 PM.
Old 06-18-2006, 03:25 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

try the search function and type in holiday lighting. more than a few good threads.

I would make sure your insurance (assuming your insured) covers you playing with electricity and doing this type of work. You need to have a good working knowledge of electricity before you go playing with ANY type of lighting as hired pro. Doesnt matter if low voltage or high voltage.

For licensing info in your state I think LVLIA.com has that info and I think mikeholt.com is the site for the NEC info.

Hope this helps... i got posion ivy again and im on mass dose of benadryl so im a little dopey.