Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 03-27-2006, 05:23 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGA
WHOA! Some country did almost that about 70 years ago but instead of microchips they used tatoos and brands. I think we all know how that turned out.

Thats not a good idea.
lol, yea but in that case it was worse, because, in less I'm mistaken, they were there legally.
and God said, Let the earth bring forth grass, Gen.1:11
All praise, all power, glory & majesty to The Holy One of Israel, the One which is, which was & which is to come
Old 03-27-2006, 05:26 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surf'n'Turf
Lowballer,
Here is your economic lesson.....You might be inclined to charge more if you owned your own home (instead of sharing rent with 8 other guys) paid taxes and ran legit. Pretty soon the feds are gonna put a tax on all that $ being wired out of the country which at 7% will probably be enough $ to support the war on terrorism. Your moniker suggests you are indeed a jackass.....every message board has a village idiot and you're it.

I would prefer "Court Jester"
Old 03-27-2006, 05:28 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSIM
lol, yea but in that case it was worse, because, in less I'm mistaken, they were there legally.

Thats true, they were but its the same mentality of trying to control a certain population of people.

We need something but lets face it, no solution is going to please everyone.
Old 03-27-2006, 05:33 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGA
Thats true, they were but its the same mentality of trying to control a certain population of people.

We need something but lets face it, no solution is going to please everyone.
true, but you know these people commited a crime and chipping them would be their penalty just like a sex offender has to report on a data base.

Actually I'm just kidding but something should be done to prevent them from re-entering, once they have been deported.
All praise, all power, glory & majesty to The Holy One of Israel, the One which is, which was & which is to come
Old 03-27-2006, 05:42 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSIM
true, but you know these people commited a crime and chipping them would be their penalty just like a sex offender has to report on a data base.

Actually I'm just kidding but something should be done to prevent them from re-entering, once they have been deported.

Thats the thing, if we could keep them from re-entering why cant we keep them from entering in the first place.

There are just to many ways to get into the country. We cant put up a giant fence.

I know my family came over on a boat. Im a 3rd generation American. Who knows what would of happened if we would of been turned away and sent back. Lets face it. We named this country the Land of Oppurtunity for a reason. Everyone should have a chance to make it. We just need to get some sort of system in place.

This is all backwards though. I go to Mexico to sit on the beach and drink beer and they come here to work! Something isnt right!
Old 03-27-2006, 06:02 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Very tricky situation, what would happen? Many businesses would shut down, not just landscapers. Restaurants( show me one anywhere that doesn't have foreigners working( i wont call them illegals) , hotels especially the larger ones, cleaning services, car washes, irrigation companies, theme parks, builders, construction etc. etc. The economy would tumble. In my opinion.

Americans for the most part are lazy, want to much money to sit on their butts. Now don't start yelling at me, I have hired hundreds of Americans to work in this field, 50% quit before a full year(most within a month). 30% get fired for no-shows or just are very lazy. 10% need the money bad enough to rough it out and 10% actually make it to the point where they make me money. The legal foreigners that I have hired are the opposite, and I pay them the same. 90% make me money and 10% are worthless and get fired. This is just a hard field to grow in and be prosperous from just having Americans work. They just don't want to do this type of work.
Old 03-27-2006, 06:07 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

this great country of yours was built on- violence, dishonesty, deception, slave labor, and immigrant labor. it continues to survive, on all of the above.
Old 03-27-2006, 06:32 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJLANDS
Very tricky situation, what would happen? Many businesses would shut down, not just landscapers. Restaurants( show me one anywhere that doesn't have foreigners working( i wont call them illegals) , hotels especially the larger ones, cleaning services, car washes, irrigation companies, theme parks, builders, construction etc. etc. The economy would tumble. In my opinion.

Americans for the most part are lazy, want to much money to sit on their butts. Now don't start yelling at me, I have hired hundreds of Americans to work in this field, 50% quit before a full year(most within a month). 30% get fired for no-shows or just are very lazy. 10% need the money bad enough to rough it out and 10% actually make it to the point where they make me money. The legal foreigners that I have hired are the opposite, and I pay them the same. 90% make me money and 10% are worthless and get fired. This is just a hard field to grow in and be prosperous from just having Americans work. They just don't want to do this type of work.

One reason some Americans dont want these types of jobs is because of the missing benefits that even these low scale paying jobs once offered.

When an employer is faced with having to pay benefits vs not having to, they usually go with not having to.
Then the job becomes less desirable for an American. It becomes stigmatized as a ditch digging job that only a desperate person would do.

It might require more pay from an employer and therfore higher prices but we could adjust or become like Walmart and distibute our wealth to other countries. Everytime you buy from Walmart or Big Lots, you support China's military.
We are as a nation being setup to be taken out!
Old 03-27-2006, 06:43 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbygedd
this great country of yours was built on- violence, dishonesty, deception, slave labor, and immigrant labor. it continues to survive, on all of the above.
Your wrong Bobby,

This country was founded on biblical precepts and men who knew that God goverened in the affairs of men. These men feared God and in return God blessed this nation. The founding documents of this country are full of quotes from the Founding Fathers where they quote scripture and acknowledge God.

When the enemies of Christianity started working on removing all that was godly from our schools and public places, then the culture started digressing.
Old 03-27-2006, 06:46 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Easy lowballer 17...

I would be embarrassed to wave that flag as you need to ask yourself what it truly symbolizes. To me, personally, I would not even wipe my Azz with it. If it symbolizes anything worthwhile then why are 800,000 illegals coming over a year to the US? I know. It is so they can buy new trucks and houses with fake socials (big time in moses lake, wa, and the auto dealers and realtors let it happen) then steal another LCO's trailer full of equipment and be instantly in business--pretty cool, huh?. My brother lives in Houston (I am GLAD I left) and he said that if you even leave your trailer unlocked for a minute, it is GONE...Hmmm, wonder who would take it? He said you cannot go ANYWHERE without seeing some illegals pulling a trailer full of equipment. TRULY PATHETIC. I would never hire them to do anything to my property cause it is usually a shoddy "chop chop job" Kind of like manicuring fingernails with a meat grinder. I have seen their lowballing shoddy work. It is not too hard to take their work from them. That is one less tomale for them and a notch on my belt.