Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 03-28-2006, 07:50 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurfdudeNCSU
I guess alot of you don't realize that the Mexican population is higher than the black population here in America. We employ these guys and are actually higher paid than most americans that work for us.... because they are willing to work and learn about our company more than others are.

Id like to see where you got those numbers at because the US Census Bureau has never released numbers on the official amount of people of Mexican heritage living in the US.
Old 03-28-2006, 08:28 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I didn't read the whole thread so I'll just chime in at the end. Let's apply supply and demand economics to this. After losing the most reliable work force I've ever known, there will only be a couple of us left to do it. I already do most of it myself, as far as cutting and apps are concerned, so it won't be a big leap to do it all. With only a few of us left, it will drive up the labor rate massively. I'll get to charge $200 ph just like my lawyer.
Old 03-28-2006, 08:33 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TURFLORD
I didn't read the whole thread so I'll just chime in at the end. Let's apply supply and demand economics to this. After losing the most reliable work force I've ever known, there will only be a couple of us left to do it. I already do most of it myself, as far as cutting and apps are concerned, so it won't be a big leap to do it all. With only a few of us left, it will drive up the labor rate massively. I'll get to charge $200 ph just like my lawyer.
I would never apply supply and demand economics to justify breaking of the law.
Old 03-28-2006, 09:06 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by TURFLORD
your lawyer is a lowballer. mine, charges $300 ph
Old 03-28-2006, 09:25 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Well, the Mexican people got what they wanted. Amnesty. I'm sure that will deter efforts to come over here illegally.
and God said, Let the earth bring forth grass, Gen.1:11
All praise, all power, glory & majesty to The Holy One of Israel, the One which is, which was & which is to come
Old 03-28-2006, 09:27 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Gamba
Are you Fairway
could you please explain this remark?
All praise, all power, glory & majesty to The Holy One of Israel, the One which is, which was & which is to come
Old 03-28-2006, 09:29 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSIM
could you please explain this remark?

No
Old 03-28-2006, 09:31 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbygedd
this great country of yours was built on- violence, dishonesty, deception, slave labor, and immigrant labor. it continues to survive, on all of the above.

wrong sir, it was built on a "we are your friends, give us what we want, or we will kill u and take it..." and, so it began. i wasn't there, so i don't know for sure, but my thinking is- the founding fathers, were the biggest scumbags, who ever lived. they created a nation built on lies, deception, and violence. look back thru history (as it was documented) the almighty whitey, was a thief, and got his way thru intimidation and force. he "masterminded" everything, but wouldn't dare break a sweat for a days wages, to accomplish it. so he used slaves, and immigrants, to satisfy his needs.
YEAH...SO WHAT!!!
Old 03-28-2006, 09:34 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Gamba
No

such class!
Old 03-28-2006, 09:37 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSIM
such class!

Thanks Iggy