Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 03-28-2006, 10:25 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

A flyer with all the key elements

I think this is my best flyer of all.

These are half sheet, black on yellow 110# card stock
What are the elements I am trying to get across.

1) think savings
2) small and personnal
3) professional
4) Family man
5) eye pleasing
6) use both sides
7) make them take action

Did I do it?

Here is the front
Attached Images

Old 03-28-2006, 10:27 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Here is the back
Attached Images

Old 03-28-2006, 10:50 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

You need to add .
Guaranteed 100%
Old 03-29-2006, 01:26 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

how are you getting these printed? If you are printing these at home then I guess this wont make any difference.

Your card is 4 colors on both sides making it very expensive, but you don't really utilize the four colors very well.

Happy Mowing from StL
-Scott Marquart

www.westcountylandscaping.com
Old 03-29-2006, 02:16 AM
LawnSite Member

The grammer needs a little improvement on the back side. Im a B english student at best so I might not be perfect here either but you could try typing it into microsoft word and it will show the grammer errors.

"You should always be aware of who is at your home when you are not. By hiring a company that sends out multiple crews, the same care can not be taking when servicing your lawn as I will provide. You may not even see the same crew from week to week. By hiring me, you will know the guy you pay for the service, is the guy doing your service..."

Just my 2 cents take it or leave it.
Old 03-29-2006, 09:10 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawncutterupper
The grammer needs a little improvement on the back side. Im a B english student at best so I might not be perfect here either but you could try typing it into microsoft word and it will show the grammer errors.

"You should always be aware of who is at your home when you are not. By hiring a company that sends out multiple crews, the same care can not be taking when servicing your lawn as I will provide. You may not even see the same crew from week to week. By hiring me, you will know the guy you pay for the service, is the guy doing your service..."

Just my 2 cents take it or leave it.
wish i would of talked to you before print because that does sound better

These are half sheet, black on yellow 110# card stock
Old 03-29-2006, 08:45 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I think the flyer is great. I agree with the grammer issue. However, be very careful about saying something about crews. What happens when you need to expand and hire help? What if your hurt etc. I run crews, for several reasons. Just my adivse. You are puting yourself in a corner when you say you will always be the one doing the job. We are no different then plumber, Heat and A/C thec. They all run crews and people dont seem to care. They only want a good job.
Old 03-29-2006, 10:22 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Hisch
I think the flyer is great. I agree with the grammer issue. However, be very careful about saying something about crews. What happens when you need to expand and hire help? What if your hurt etc. I run crews, for several reasons. Just my adivse. You are puting yourself in a corner when you say you will always be the one doing the job. We are no different then plumber, Heat and A/C thec. They all run crews and people dont seem to care. They only want a good job.
I hear ya, and agree with your concerns as they have come accross my mind also. But with that said, I do not feel I will need to hire (past one crew) for at least 2 years. So I did want to put those thoughts in their mind. But it is something I plan (and hope) on having to deal with at sometime. Thank you for a good true concern.
Old 03-29-2006, 11:21 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

IMO.. I like everything... cept' for the part about DO NOT HIRE AN LCO WITH CREWS...
1. Sounds like your bashing other LCO's...
2. to me, it also sounds like your trying to put the fear of God into the customer about hiring someone with a crew... and they can't be trusted or something.

I understand the point and concept you're trying to make... but you may want to reword it..... my 2cents.

ps... I'm solo... I offer the service...other services... 1-2 specials... and phone# on my flyers. On a roll this year... 600 flyers passed out.... 20 returned calls. woohoo... (yes, I'm tootin' my own horn...) *L*

CAROLINA CUTS
Landscape & Lawn Service
Not your ordinary pain in the gr@ss lawn service...
Old 03-30-2006, 12:46 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Cuts
IMO.. I like everything... cept' for the part about DO NOT HIRE AN LCO WITH CREWS...
1. Sounds like your bashing other LCO's...
2. to me, it also sounds like your trying to put the fear of God into the customer about hiring someone with a crew... and they can't be trusted or something.

I understand the point and concept you're trying to make... but you may want to reword it..... my 2cents.

ps... I'm solo... I offer the service...other services... 1-2 specials... and phone# on my flyers. On a roll this year... 600 flyers passed out.... 20 returned calls. woohoo... (yes, I'm tootin' my own horn...) *L*
Good response rate for sure, would love to see the flyer that produced those results.