Register free!
Search
 
     

The Green Industry's Resource Center


Click for Weather
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 03-28-2006, 10:25 PM
DynaMow's Avatar
DynaMow DynaMow is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: NorthEast, OH
Posts: 563
A flyer with all the key elements

I think this is my best flyer of all.

These are half sheet, black on yellow 110# card stock
What are the elements I am trying to get across.

1) think savings
2) small and personnal
3) professional
4) Family man
5) eye pleasing
6) use both sides
7) make them take action

Did I do it?

Here is the front
Attached Images
 
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 03-28-2006, 10:27 PM
DynaMow's Avatar
DynaMow DynaMow is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: NorthEast, OH
Posts: 563
Here is the back
Attached Images
 
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 03-28-2006, 10:50 PM
ArizPestWeed's Avatar
ArizPestWeed ArizPestWeed is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: On the Toilet
Posts: 1,450
You need to add .
Guaranteed 100%
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 03-29-2006, 01:26 AM
lawnMaster5000 lawnMaster5000 is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: St. Louis Missouri
Posts: 589
how are you getting these printed? If you are printing these at home then I guess this wont make any difference.

Your card is 4 colors on both sides making it very expensive, but you don't really utilize the four colors very well.
__________________

Happy Mowing from StL
-Scott Marquart

www.westcountylandscaping.com
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 03-29-2006, 02:16 AM
lawncutterupper lawncutterupper is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Montgomery County
Posts: 61
The grammer needs a little improvement on the back side. Im a B english student at best so I might not be perfect here either but you could try typing it into microsoft word and it will show the grammer errors.


"You should always be aware of who is at your home when you are not. By hiring a company that sends out multiple crews, the same care can not be taking when servicing your lawn as I will provide. You may not even see the same crew from week to week. By hiring me, you will know the guy you pay for the service, is the guy doing your service..."


Just my 2 cents take it or leave it.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 03-29-2006, 09:10 AM
DynaMow's Avatar
DynaMow DynaMow is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: NorthEast, OH
Posts: 563
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawncutterupper
The grammer needs a little improvement on the back side. Im a B english student at best so I might not be perfect here either but you could try typing it into microsoft word and it will show the grammer errors.


"You should always be aware of who is at your home when you are not. By hiring a company that sends out multiple crews, the same care can not be taking when servicing your lawn as I will provide. You may not even see the same crew from week to week. By hiring me, you will know the guy you pay for the service, is the guy doing your service..."


Just my 2 cents take it or leave it.
wish i would of talked to you before print because that does sound better

These are half sheet, black on yellow 110# card stock
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 03-29-2006, 08:45 PM
J Hisch J Hisch is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Evansville IN
Posts: 952
I think the flyer is great. I agree with the grammer issue. However, be very careful about saying something about crews. What happens when you need to expand and hire help? What if your hurt etc. I run crews, for several reasons. Just my adivse. You are puting yourself in a corner when you say you will always be the one doing the job. We are no different then plumber, Heat and A/C thec. They all run crews and people dont seem to care. They only want a good job.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 03-29-2006, 10:22 PM
DynaMow's Avatar
DynaMow DynaMow is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: NorthEast, OH
Posts: 563
Quote:
Originally Posted by J Hisch
I think the flyer is great. I agree with the grammer issue. However, be very careful about saying something about crews. What happens when you need to expand and hire help? What if your hurt etc. I run crews, for several reasons. Just my adivse. You are puting yourself in a corner when you say you will always be the one doing the job. We are no different then plumber, Heat and A/C thec. They all run crews and people dont seem to care. They only want a good job.
I hear ya, and agree with your concerns as they have come accross my mind also. But with that said, I do not feel I will need to hire (past one crew) for at least 2 years. So I did want to put those thoughts in their mind. But it is something I plan (and hope) on having to deal with at sometime. Thank you for a good true concern.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 03-29-2006, 11:21 PM
Carolina Cuts's Avatar
Carolina Cuts Carolina Cuts is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: NC and SC Myrtle Beach / B&R New Jersey
Posts: 1,155
IMO.. I like everything... cept' for the part about DO NOT HIRE AN LCO WITH CREWS...
1. Sounds like your bashing other LCO's...
2. to me, it also sounds like your trying to put the fear of God into the customer about hiring someone with a crew... and they can't be trusted or something.

I understand the point and concept you're trying to make... but you may want to reword it..... my 2cents.

ps... I'm solo... I offer the service...other services... 1-2 specials... and phone# on my flyers. On a roll this year... 600 flyers passed out.... 20 returned calls. woohoo... (yes, I'm tootin' my own horn...) *L*
__________________

CAROLINA CUTS
Landscape & Lawn Service
Not your ordinary pain in the gr@ss lawn service...
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 03-30-2006, 12:46 AM
DynaMow's Avatar
DynaMow DynaMow is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: NorthEast, OH
Posts: 563
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Cuts
IMO.. I like everything... cept' for the part about DO NOT HIRE AN LCO WITH CREWS...
1. Sounds like your bashing other LCO's...
2. to me, it also sounds like your trying to put the fear of God into the customer about hiring someone with a crew... and they can't be trusted or something.

I understand the point and concept you're trying to make... but you may want to reword it..... my 2cents.

ps... I'm solo... I offer the service...other services... 1-2 specials... and phone# on my flyers. On a roll this year... 600 flyers passed out.... 20 returned calls. woohoo... (yes, I'm tootin' my own horn...) *L*
Good response rate for sure, would love to see the flyer that produced those results.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.comô - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:29 PM.

Page generated in 0.10945 seconds with 8 queries