Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 03-29-2006, 08:59 AM
LawnSite Member

Nothing Against New Holland

Nothing against New Holland Skid Loaders but the used one we bought is junk. It was purchased before I started with the company and was abused by the previous owner. I'm now looking to lease a bobcat with designated tracks but I'm stuck between the T180 and the T250. Other than engine size and load amount is there any major differences?
Old 03-29-2006, 09:12 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Before others jump with suggestions for different machines...

The T250 and T180 are entirely different machines -- you have obviously mentioned two differences, but the undercarriage is different, the boom arms are different, the transmission is different. The T250 is what Bobcat calls a large-frame loader; it shares its chassis with the T300, S300, S250, S220, and A300. Ignoring specifics, the T250 is a beefed-up version of the T180.

It'd be great to lease (we can discuss specifics, we as in the forum, if you want) , but deciding between a T180 and T250 shouldn't require much thought -- what do you plan to do with the loader? If you need a smaller loader, the T180 is probably a better fit for you. If machine size isn't important, the T250 is the likely alternative.
Old 03-29-2006, 11:10 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Having spent time in a T190 and T250, T250 is a much better machine (more of everything). I found the T190 lacking in most everything. I would be sure to get the E/H controls. The AHC controls leave much to be desired IMHO. If you can wait a couple of months the smaller CASE tracked machines will release (440CT) I ran the prototype and it was very impressive.

Proudly running CASE and Takeuchi equipment.
Old 03-29-2006, 11:24 AM
LawnSite Member

I think the T180 is a very good choice...

Size, capacity and engine horsepower would be the main differences.

Depending on what you plan to do, make you choice based on the fact that the larger machine will be for bigger jobs hence better production, are you going to use other attachments? Pallet forks??? the T250 is better for lifting pallets etc..

If you are going to be digging and grading, get the T180 or the T250, stay away from vertical lift units - any brand...vertical lift arms tend to become loose after side sweeping, back dragging etc...

Caribbean Breeze
Old 03-29-2006, 03:23 PM
LawnSite Member

We need a machine that can lift large pallets of stone and large trees out of the back of trucks. My main concern in Power and size. The yards we work in are small and we have to be careful not to tear up the area to much. I'm sure that would come down to the operator though. Also leasing prices. I haven't been gotten back to on the price for either of them but that will also be a deciding factor
Old 03-29-2006, 04:17 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

When you say pallets of stone and large trees, do you have any weights?

We can lift a 3000 lb pallet of Keystone off trucks with our 257B Caterpillars, and most large trees (48" box), but your weight is kind of in general there. If the majority of the things you do are lift, the New Holland LX190 (or comparable track version) is one of the best machines you could choose, but that's about all they are good for.

They are big, cumbersome, and can't grade to save their own life. The drive motors whine so bad they sound worse than all the illegal aliens protesting the new house bill that will hopefully be passed and they lack the power to work well on a 3-1,2-1 grade.

Anyway, for lifting, you have the right machine for the job as hard as I find that to say.
www.naturescapelandscape.com
Old 03-29-2006, 04:25 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksss
Having spent time in a T190 and T250, T250 is a much better machine (more of everything). I found the T190 lacking in most everything. I would be sure to get the E/H controls. The AHC controls leave much to be desired IMHO. If you can wait a couple of months the smaller CASE tracked machines will release (440CT) I ran the prototype and it was very impressive.
Im pretty sure the case machines are out, or at least the 445 is. I think I seen a few on machinerytrader.com
Old 03-29-2006, 05:14 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdizzle79
was abused by the previous owner.

hmmm it doesn't seem like its new hollands fault
Old 03-29-2006, 08:28 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AintNoFun
hmmm it doesn't seem like its new hollands fault
With a good dosage of good-heartedness, that's probably why he titled the thread "Nothing against NH."

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateV
Im pretty sure the case machines are out, or at least the 445 is. I think I seen a few on machinerytrader.com
The 445CT is out. The 440CT and 420CT are not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdrizzle79
We need a machine that can lift large pallets of stone and large trees out of the back of trucks. My main concern in Power and size. The yards we work in are small and we have to be careful not to tear up the area to much. I'm sure that would come down to the operator though. Also leasing prices. I haven't been gotten back to on the price for either of them but that will also be a deciding factor
The T250 will be able to handle it, but it's a 9,500 pound track machine that is over 72" wide. Is that too big?

You may be better off looking at the Deere machines (yes, I know, everyone... ), but if Bobcat's the only option, you'd really want to demo the T180 and T190 and T250 to see which one has the power/size combination that's right for you. As Uniscaper has already stated, "heavy pallets" is somewhat vague.
Old 03-30-2006, 09:37 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

3,000lb Pallet and width

Have you thought about looking at one of the larger ASV machines? I know that both the RC85 and RC100 both lift well over 3,000lbs and are under 6 feet wide. I know the larger machine (RC100) has two speed that goes 12mph and would allow you transport at a much faster cycle time. Both of their machines are turf friendly and come standard with high flow as well if you ever need it.