Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 03-29-2006, 07:52 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Another reason I love John Deere............

Lengthy story but I will make it brief. Landed another large industrial park for 2006-2008. Equipment inventory was already suffering because of other large areas. So, I call my dealer yesterday about 4:30 and asked him how quick I could get 2 JD 777s 72" mowers. He made 1 phone call and said he would have them this Friday around 12:00. I was expecting him to say a few weeks or something along those lines. It seems that every experience I have with JD is a positive experience and I cannot say that about any other manufacturer that I have done business with. I know I have been accused of being a JD cheerleader and a JD fanatic on this site but with this kind of service; how can I not be?
Old 03-29-2006, 08:07 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Our local JD dealership has been in the area for over 50 yrs. We have purchased all three of our skid-steers thru them, and the service has always been excellent. Have yet to try any of thier "new" mowers, but have been impressed with the skids!!
Old 03-29-2006, 08:43 AM
LawnSite Member

If they are so good why didn't he have them in stock? This time of year the dealer should be full of new inventory.
Old 03-29-2006, 08:46 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EXspyguy
If they are so good why didn't he have them in stock? This time of year the dealer should be full of new inventory.
There always has to be a downer. . .
Old 03-29-2006, 08:48 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:

Don't sweat this guy K&L, check all of his past post. All he ever does is come on LS and promote eXmark and bash all the other brands..... Keep loving the Deere K&L and the unbeatable 7 Iron Deck

Plus, a 72" mower in any brand is NOT their big sellers. The 60" and 52/54" decks are and that is what most dealers therefore stock.

BTW, eXmarkguy.....err I mean exspyguy, all three of my dealers here would have had them in stock.....I have NEVER waited for delivery of a JD ZTR and I own a lot of them.

A friend of mine has a trophy wife……..apparently she wasn’t 1st place though

...Amateurs built the Ark but professionals built the Titanic...

...YOU CAN'T FIX STUPID...

Last edited by MMLawn; 03-29-2006 at 08:56 AM.
Old 03-29-2006, 08:55 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Some dealers arent as big as others and dont have the room to stock them, and dont have the demand to stock them, but like said above. "Come pick them up Friday" is what you can expect from a JD Dealer. For instance, my JD dealer stocks mostly residential tractors and push mowers because he is located in a town of 30,000 people and doesnt have a high demand for commercial equipment. I have gotten all my equipment, after ordering, in no longer than 1 week
2008 Chevy Express 3500 Van
2000 Dodge Ram 2500 Reg. Cab
07 Deere 737 (60" 7 IRON)
07 Deere 757 (60" 7 IRON)
07 Deere 757 (60" 7 IRON)
06 Deere 757 (60" 7 IRON)
06 Deere 757 (60" 7 IRON)
14 Deere Z950R (72" 7 IRON)
14 Deere 1025R (60" Autoconnect)
11 Deere 326D Skid Loader
07 Deere G15 (Commercial 36")
01 Deere 455 (60")
11 Haulmark 8.5x22 Enclosed
11 PJ 20' Equipment Trailer
Old 03-29-2006, 09:12 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:

Sorry, I couldn't let this one go. NOW this is even funnier and before you say it I am NOT in some little podunk area as my shop is in a city of about 250K people with another city of 100K pop 10 miles down the road and neary 1M people in the entire metro area, so we have many commercial mower dealer of all brands including mulitple dealers of the same brands. Now there are two exmark dealers including the "main" used exmark dealer located literally only about 2 and 4 miles from my shop. I just called them BOTH and NEITHER of them has a new 72" exmark in stock......but "they can order me one".......

POT, KETTLE.....BLACK

A friend of mine has a trophy wife……..apparently she wasn’t 1st place though

...Amateurs built the Ark but professionals built the Titanic...

...YOU CAN'T FIX STUPID...
Old 03-29-2006, 09:40 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMLawn
Sorry, I couldn't let this one go. NOW this is even funnier and before you say it I am NOT in some little podunk area as my shop is in a city of about 250K people with another city of 100K pop 10 miles down the road and neary 1M people in the entire metro area, so we have many commercial mower dealer of all brands including mulitple dealers of the same brands. Now there are two exmark dealers including the "main" used exmark dealer located literally only about 2 and 4 miles from my shop. I just called them BOTH and NEITHER of them has a new 72" exmark in stock......but "they can order me one".......

POT, KETTLE.....BLACK

My closest Exmark dealer is 40 miles away and they only stock maybe 1 or 2 Exmark mowers just not a big demand for commercial mowers in my area.

John Deere dealer here can get just about any piece of equipment in a week or less, if its not stocked, good enough for me.

2013 haulmark 18' trailer
2013 John Deere 52' walkbehind
2012 Gator with skid sprayer
2010 Turfco T-3000
2008 JD 997
2006 JD 647a
2004 JD 757 w/ 3 bag & Iron MCS
2002 JD 757 w/ 2 bag MCS
2002 JD 757
Stihl, Echo, Tanka 2 strokes
Big Tex trailers
Tons of other equipment
Old 03-29-2006, 11:20 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Did he say Friday, as in this riday? 3 days is NOT bad turnaround time for an order. Our Exmark dealer don't stock a whole lot of 72's, either. They DO move a whole boatload of 60's, though. Here, we got ALL these guys taking the early retirement buyout that was just offered from GM. Hold on to your hats, local guys. Here they come!

Thank you, Dad - for always being the dad that you were. You truly are my hero. You always were.
Old 03-29-2006, 12:57 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMLawn
Don't sweat this guy K&L, check all of his past post. All he ever does is come on LS and promote eXmark and bash all the other brands..... Keep loving the Deere K&L and the unbeatable 7 Iron Deck

Plus, a 72" mower in any brand is NOT their big sellers. The 60" and 52/54" decks are and that is what most dealers therefore stock.

BTW, eXmarkguy.....err I mean exspyguy, all three of my dealers here would have had them in stock.....I have NEVER waited for delivery of a JD ZTR and I own a lot of them.
Never did I bash a brand in my statement, Just saying MOST dealers are loaded pretty heavy this time of year. If they are only stocking two or three pieces then they are not representing the line very well.