Register free!

Old 04-03-2006, 12:26 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

A company around the Chicago area ,If I'm not mistaken a warehouse, started grinding up pallets to sell as mulch. A fellow landscaper around here said they were doing a pretty high volume of business.If their Isn't a market eruption for pallet fencing, get a shredder and try starting a mulch business .Either way using pallets, for fencing,or mulch renders no appeal what so ever for me .
Old 04-03-2006, 03:35 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Hey I put red mulch at my crib LOL . And leave him alone with his pallet fencing - he is trying to be original/

Creative Hardscapes
Old 04-03-2006, 03:40 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Well I'll be nice..I have about 10 palletts you can have for free..just come on over and pick um up.K?Your welcome to them.If the dog growls at you..whatever you do don't RUN!

And I'll have to tell you..I have been called alot of names in my life..but NEVER could one mistake me as a snob!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-03-2006, 03:49 PM
LawnSite Member

pallets

i think your neigbors would just rather see all the junk in your yard... put some pics up when you done LOL
Old 04-03-2006, 11:30 PM
LawnSite Member

Try here.....

Call the local power company. If they are like the ones here, they just give them away.

Good luck!!!
Old 04-04-2006, 01:57 PM
LawnSite Member

o.k. check this out

When Henry Ford started mass producing his auto, he had many parts and pieces that were made by local suppliers. He would not take delivery of said parts unless they were in particular sized crates and on particular sized pallets. The sizes Henry dictated for the boxes, crates, and pallets were exactly the size of the bench seats and the wood trim on the cars he was producing. He would only take shipments from suppliers if they made their crates and pallets out of the sizes he needed to build his cars. He did not have to hire carpenters to cut any wood parts, his suppliers were doing it for him. That was one of the ways he kept his cost down. His suppliers were pre-cutting to size the wooden parts for his auto's. Recycling is what we call it today...but a pallet fence? Martha what will the neighbors say?
Old 04-04-2006, 03:06 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Pallet fence, lmao. Seriously though, good luck. Try a paver/hardscape supplier or mfg.

If you can't find any pallets, you could always go to the local landfill, and get a load of old tires. Then, dig a trench about 12" deep, and line up the tires in the trench, standing upright. Backfill the trench and paint the exposed tires white. Add some bright red mulch and plastic flowers (plastic flowers are underrated read: no maintenance) and you've got a new landscape!

"Blue eyed boy meets a brown eyed girl.... oh oh oh the sweetest thing"
Old 04-04-2006, 07:29 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I would like to state, for the record, my reply was VERY sarcastic.
Old 04-07-2006, 12:06 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Bobcatservice

I can keep an open mind! Buttttttttt,
I hope the guy can make it in the fence business because he will sure as hell not make a landscape designer. My new Pro landscaping vol. 12 Imaging editor couldn't even pull that one off.
Mike
Old 04-07-2006, 09:26 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by newbieponder
I agree with Cedar, you all are a bunch of snobs!!!! I asked a perfectly valid question and most of the comments are BS. I thought this was supposed to be a helpful board to post on? As for the pictures (however cute they were and yes I did get a laugh out of them), you people don't have any idea what the *&$@ the fence is supposed to look like, what my plans are. The fence that I am talking about is a heck of a lot better built than those privacy fencing panels you buy at most home improvement or fencing places (outside of vinyl or metal of course). Open your boring little minds a little and you might actually learn from those out there that have IDEAS and are creative.
LOL...yeah we are a bunch of snobs around here. I know for one we just took the wheels and hitch off of our mobile home...we livin' high class now.

You are more than welcome to stop by my place and pick up the pallets I have in my garage. What is your time worth sir? Most of us run businesses so we don't have time to strap pallets on top of our vans to build a fence. That is why everyone is laughing. This will be a time consuming process that will look like crap. Spend the money and build a real fence. I live in Kansas...I have seen my share of crappy fences built out of poor materials.
“Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victor nor defeat.”

-Theodore Roosevelt