Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 03-31-2006, 12:20 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

anyone have Upgrades for 6.0 powerstroke

I have a 2005 ford f-250 powerstroke and I'm thinkin about puttin the Juice attitude on it and was wondering if anybody has it or has had any problems with it tearin up there engine and trans cause its a whole heck of a lotta power on top of a ton of power any help would be awsome-thanks
Old 03-31-2006, 08:57 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Many reports of MODS tearing up the engine. Check www.dieselstop.com

Preformance mods/chips/programmers will also void your warranty. BUT if you are determined to use them Banks is the best for the PSD.....but I wouldn't do it on mine, not at least until it is completely out of the 100K warranty cause turbos and egrs are expensive to replace.

A friend of mine has a trophy wife……..apparently she wasn’t 1st place though

...Amateurs built the Ark but professionals built the Titanic...

...YOU CAN'T FIX STUPID...
Old 04-03-2006, 10:44 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMLawn

Preformance mods/chips/programmers will also void your warranty. BUT if you are determined to use them Banks is the best for the PSD.....but I wouldn't do it on mine, not at least until it is completely out of the 100K warranty cause turbos and egrs are expensive to replace.

Banks is not the BEST by any means. If you want real power, get ahold of me and I can hook you up with the goods. You NEED tranny programming along with all the power your gonna be putting down and the banks doesnt do that...................
04 "350" Scab Sbox 4x4 6.0leaker, Auto,Autometer Ultra Lights,Leveling Kit,FC-II Radial 305's on Chrome Wheels,4" Turbo Back Straight Pipe,Clear Cab Lights,12" Audiobahn Sub,Silverstars,Autometer Ultralights,SCT with DP TUNER TUNES!!!!!!!!!!!Western 8.6 Unimount w/Ultramount Truckside Brackets,Pro Wings make it 10.6'!!!!!!

1999 Ford F250 4x4 Reg Cab,Stroke,Auto,04 Headlights,Lariat wheels,4" Turbo back,Volant,Autometer Pyro,Boost,Trans on A-Pillar,F-16 Dp Tuner!!!!!!All for a work truck
Old 04-04-2006, 11:28 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawnboyblake
Banks is not the BEST by any means. If you want real power, get ahold of me and I can hook you up with the goods. You NEED tranny programming along with all the power your gonna be putting down and the banks doesnt do that...................
Do you actually know anything about Banks? Me thinks not. Banks full system includes exhaust, turbo, tuner, and transcommand, as well as intercooler. As for putting a programmer on it, Superchips and BullyDog are the two preferred by Ford diesel enthusiast. The Superchips actually modifies the tranny, not just boosting hp and torque. If you go with a straight chip, or programmer that doesn't change trans shift points and so forth I would suggest you might look into an aftermarket valvebody from Factory Tech which will help tremendously. I don't know about LawnBoyBlake here, but I have owned Ford diesels since 1989 and still drive one today. Much newer than 1989 I might add. I have also PERSONALLY owned 7.3PSD with FULL Banks kit and 7.3PSD with Superchips 1705, and while the Superchips is one tenth the cost, you can tell a huge difference in performance. Banks wins, hands down.
Old 04-05-2006, 04:17 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMLawn

Wrong, it only voids the repair if your modification causes other internal parts to non-function correctly.
Old 04-05-2006, 04:37 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickt
Wrong, it only voids the repair if your modification causes other internal parts to non-function correctly.
AGAIN, INCORRECT. if you take it in to a dealership with the mods installed, they WILL NOT work on it under warranty. ask on Ford Truck Enthusiasts and find out what they say about it.
Old 04-05-2006, 06:39 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by efaubert1
Do you actually know anything about Banks? Me thinks not. Banks full system includes exhaust, turbo, tuner, and transcommand, as well as intercooler. If you go with a straight chip, or programmer that doesn't change trans shift points and so forth I would suggest you might look into an aftermarket valvebody from Factory Tech which will help tremendously. Banks wins, hands down.
Ya, theres somebody else that "Thinks" they know all about ford diesels. On a 6.0, Just like the one Drivefaster metioned, BANKS does NOTHING for the tranny. A transcommand isn't made for a torqueshift. Also, there is no such thing as an aftermarket "Valve Body" for a torqueshift. And also, shift points have no correlation to line pressures, which are needed for a better shift. And a 6.0 is controlled by duration time of the shift, not so much pressures. There ya go, HERE'S YOUR SIGN
04 "350" Scab Sbox 4x4 6.0leaker, Auto,Autometer Ultra Lights,Leveling Kit,FC-II Radial 305's on Chrome Wheels,4" Turbo Back Straight Pipe,Clear Cab Lights,12" Audiobahn Sub,Silverstars,Autometer Ultralights,SCT with DP TUNER TUNES!!!!!!!!!!!Western 8.6 Unimount w/Ultramount Truckside Brackets,Pro Wings make it 10.6'!!!!!!

1999 Ford F250 4x4 Reg Cab,Stroke,Auto,04 Headlights,Lariat wheels,4" Turbo back,Volant,Autometer Pyro,Boost,Trans on A-Pillar,F-16 Dp Tuner!!!!!!All for a work truck
Old 04-06-2006, 04:03 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawnboyblake
Ya, theres somebody else that "Thinks" they know all about ford diesels. On a 6.0, Just like the one Drivefaster metioned, BANKS does NOTHING for the tranny. A transcommand isn't made for a torqueshift. Also, there is no such thing as an aftermarket "Valve Body" for a torqueshift. And also, shift points have no correlation to line pressures, which are needed for a better shift. And a 6.0 is controlled by duration time of the shift, not so much pressures. There ya go, HERE'S YOUR SIGN
Ok, give me the sign. You know, I should have noted the year there huh? Guess after owning half a dozen 7.3PSD's I just tend to forget the new junker. So, does Superchips still modify the tranny on the torqueshift? The 6.0 is the reason I have steered away from a new truck, and will most likely buy a new 7.3 engine to replace mine when it dies. Heck, they still sell the 7.3's in Australia. Wish they'd bring them back here.
Old 04-06-2006, 07:09 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

If you want to do a performance modification that is totally safe then check this out www.888luvdiesel.com. Gives you quite a bit more power and better fuel mileage.
Old 04-07-2006, 02:12 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawn Masters
AGAIN, INCORRECT. if you take it in to a dealership with the mods installed, they WILL NOT work on it under warranty. ask on Ford Truck Enthusiasts and find out what they say about it.

wrong, legally by law unless they can prove that the modifications have caused damage to your vehicle they still have to provide warrenty.