Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 03-31-2006, 11:42 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

my Simply Mowing site

just wanted some feedback on what you guys think.

It isn't searchable yet. But I have it up since it is in my ads and the like.

I will be making it searchable within the next few weeks.

criticisms are as good or better than compliments.

www.simply-mowing.com
Old 03-31-2006, 01:42 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Actually I think it looks good.
'99 Craftsman GT w/20hp V-Twin Kohler Pro, Automatic, Modified Triple Blade 50" Deck w/Electric Height Adjustment | '90 Lawn-Boy 21" 2 stroke Self Propelled Commercial Engine Mower | '75 Lawn-Boy 21" 2 stroke Push Commercial Engine Mower | 42" High Speed Lawn Sweeper | 48" Snow/Dozer Blade | 48" Core Aerator | 36" 400lb Lawn Roller | '98 Ryobi 790r 31cc 2 cycle Split-Straight Shaft Trimmer/Edger | Echo PB-200 Blower
Old 03-31-2006, 03:46 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

I like the site & your tagline.
Old 03-31-2006, 04:35 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

So, what was the franchise fee that you paid to JustMowIt ?
Old 03-31-2006, 04:52 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by newz7151
So, what was the franchise fee that you paid to JustMowIt ?
smart ass.

TJ and Mike have been very helpful in sharing their idea and actually very helpful to me personally with questions they have answered and experiences they have shared.

I am planning on heading out to TX in the fall and taking them to dinner to say thanks.
Old 03-31-2006, 07:33 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

[QUOTE=Precision]smart ass.

TJ and Mike have been very helpful in sharing their idea and actually very helpful to me personally with questions they have answered and experiences they have shared.

I am planning on heading out to TX in the fall and taking them to dinner to say thanks.[/QUOT

Sounds Good, website looks nice, did our welder do the bed? Prime Trailer has built so many beds since I designed those, I think I should have patent them

TJ
Old 03-31-2006, 07:41 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Precision
smart ass.

I am planning on heading out to TX in the fall and taking them to dinner to say thanks.

What? I thought there was talk on here at one point about the JustMowIt way being marketed to other companies. And I thought there was a fee involved. I wasn't trying to be a smart ass, I was asking what I thought was a valid question.
Old 03-31-2006, 09:43 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Generally, it looks good.

You need some equipment on that truck - it will look better.

Your FAQ's are kind of abrupt. It is good that you are in control and are telling the client what service to expect but try to say things in a nicer way.

For example, "Our crew will service your property even if your pet is in the back yard as long as they do not feel threatened by the animal. Although we try to prevent pets from escaping, it is possible that your pet will get out when we are servicing your property. We will not be held responsible if this happens." The same basic thing is said but it is not so abrupt and confrontational.

Soli Deo Gloria
Old 03-31-2006, 10:25 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by newz7151
What? I thought there was talk on here at one point about the JustMowIt way being marketed to other companies. And I thought there was a fee involved. I wasn't trying to be a smart ass, I was asking what I thought was a valid question.

sorry, my mistake

TJ and Mike stopped that franchise idea because too many people kept trying to reinvent the wheel.

So they opened their own second office in Austin.
Old 03-31-2006, 10:26 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PTP
Generally, it looks good.

You need some equipment on that truck - it will look better.

Your FAQ's are kind of abrupt. It is good that you are in control and are telling the client what service to expect but try to say things in a nicer way.

For example, "Our crew will service your property even if your pet is in the back yard as long as they do not feel threatened by the animal. Although we try to prevent pets from escaping, it is possible that your pet will get out when we are servicing your property. We will not be held responsible if this happens." The same basic thing is said but it is not so abrupt and confrontational.
I have often been accused of being abrupt. So maybe I will revisit that.

Thanks.