Register free!
Search
 
     

The Green Industry's Resource Center


Click for Weather
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 05-08-2006, 02:28 AM
topsites topsites is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Richmond Virginia
Posts: 21,677
Quote:
Originally Posted by Precision
I understand your point with the tag line.

But this is just a pure mow and blow set up. The upscale / dependable alternative to "scrub lawncare". Our target is the Walmart shopper, the guy who really just wants the grass cut. And I feel that tag line works well with them.

I can always change it later. But for now it stays.

Thanks for the input.
No doubt, I actually like it because if that's the clientele you're aiming for, the market is HUGE in that department... I know because I serviced a large segment of that market last year and although I got somewhat tired of the low prices, one of the things that made up for it is for the most part, non-eccentric customers. You just show, cut and blow, and see you later all day long! Man you have no idea how much I enjoyed that versus the eccentricity, thou the pay is less / yard, that benefit right there made my days fly by and made it possible to get more yards / day in, which at least made my deposits quite tolerable.

Nowadays, I get a customer I would not service anymore because maybe my $$ is too much, I'd send them to you if you were in my area, then you can send me the fancy pants and we're set! And that works, extremely well if I might add. No striping, no nonsense, just cut and blow and see you later.

Thou I still use my '98 proline on those yards, I see the day coming where I have nothing older than maybe a 4-5 year old mower, still I will likely continue to service a fair to good portion of that market, it counter-balances the stress of dealing with fancy stuff.

Last edited by topsites; 05-08-2006 at 02:34 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 05-09-2006, 05:10 PM
thomcat88 thomcat88 is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 5
Your site looks good. Nice colors, graphics and to the point text. You should add some "alt" tags to all your photos for adding in keywords. Your contact page should be a short form to fill out so clients can send you information ASAP and no more then 2 clicks away. Last but not least - add a links page and put links to other sites on your links page.......it WILL drive traffic to your site. Your in Titusville, exchange links with Keep Em Runnin Lawn mower shop or Bucks, people like to see that you do business with the locals.
You have a very good start with your site.

Cal.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 05-09-2006, 09:45 PM
Precision Precision is offline
LawnSite Gold Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Cocoa Florida
Posts: 3,021
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomcat88
Your site looks good. Nice colors, graphics and to the point text. You should add some "alt" tags to all your photos for adding in keywords. Your contact page should be a short form to fill out so clients can send you information ASAP and no more then 2 clicks away. Last but not least - add a links page and put links to other sites on your links page.......it WILL drive traffic to your site. Your in Titusville, exchange links with Keep Em Runnin Lawn mower shop or Bucks, people like to see that you do business with the locals.
You have a very good start with your site.

Cal.
Thanks Cal. Now if only we could get it to rain.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 05-11-2006, 08:00 PM
CrewCutEnterprises CrewCutEnterprises is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Annapolis
Posts: 894
WOW.....

Im at a loss for words. Not sure if you saw my posts and got the idea but...

I worked at my idea last year but dident buy the web site till january and finished up my site. So far its working good. Its nice as we dont have to meet the people.

Our crew is a little different. we run a 36 and 48 inch toro mulching mowers on an f250 srw 4x4 (so we can still plow) and I built a custom flatbed (click my signature)

__________________
Tk 1 99 F350 7.3 Diesel with Ez-dumper, 7.5 Western
TK 2 99 F250 V8 Gas
Tk 3 98 Explorer 4.0 liter 4x4
Tk 4 98 Explorer 4.0 liter 4x4
Tk 5 96 Ford F250 Xcab long bed
Tk 6 97 Ford F250 Single Cab, 4x4 With 7.5 ft Fisher
Tr 1 - 16 ft Mowing trailer
Tr 2 - 12 ft dump trailer
Tr 3 - 10 ft utility trailer
Tr 4 - 12 ft Mowing trailer
Tr 5 - 18 ft Skid loader trailer
1992 Case 1840 Skid loader

Jason Rohrbaugh
Crew Cut Enterprises LLC.

Annapolis, Maryland
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 05-11-2006, 08:01 PM
CrewCutEnterprises CrewCutEnterprises is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Annapolis
Posts: 894


another.. shot...
__________________
Tk 1 99 F350 7.3 Diesel with Ez-dumper, 7.5 Western
TK 2 99 F250 V8 Gas
Tk 3 98 Explorer 4.0 liter 4x4
Tk 4 98 Explorer 4.0 liter 4x4
Tk 5 96 Ford F250 Xcab long bed
Tk 6 97 Ford F250 Single Cab, 4x4 With 7.5 ft Fisher
Tr 1 - 16 ft Mowing trailer
Tr 2 - 12 ft dump trailer
Tr 3 - 10 ft utility trailer
Tr 4 - 12 ft Mowing trailer
Tr 5 - 18 ft Skid loader trailer
1992 Case 1840 Skid loader

Jason Rohrbaugh
Crew Cut Enterprises LLC.

Annapolis, Maryland
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 05-11-2006, 09:46 PM
Precision Precision is offline
LawnSite Gold Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Cocoa Florida
Posts: 3,021
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrewCutEnterprises
WOW.....

Im at a loss for words. Not sure if you saw my posts and got the idea but...

I worked at my idea last year but dident buy the web site till january and finished up my site. So far its working good. Its nice as we dont have to meet the people.

Our crew is a little different. we run a 36 and 48 inch toro mulching mowers on an f250 srw 4x4 (so we can still plow) and I built a custom flatbed (click my signature)

No, I got the idea from TJ and Mike at Justmowit.

They have the system down.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 05-11-2006, 10:04 PM
CrewCutEnterprises CrewCutEnterprises is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Annapolis
Posts: 894
Quote:
Originally Posted by Precision
No, I got the idea from TJ and Mike at Justmowit.

They have the system down.
You havent gotten your bed finished yet or did i misunderstand that post?

Are you building it on a small frame?? I just wonder how it will work for you too.
__________________
Tk 1 99 F350 7.3 Diesel with Ez-dumper, 7.5 Western
TK 2 99 F250 V8 Gas
Tk 3 98 Explorer 4.0 liter 4x4
Tk 4 98 Explorer 4.0 liter 4x4
Tk 5 96 Ford F250 Xcab long bed
Tk 6 97 Ford F250 Single Cab, 4x4 With 7.5 ft Fisher
Tr 1 - 16 ft Mowing trailer
Tr 2 - 12 ft dump trailer
Tr 3 - 10 ft utility trailer
Tr 4 - 12 ft Mowing trailer
Tr 5 - 18 ft Skid loader trailer
1992 Case 1840 Skid loader

Jason Rohrbaugh
Crew Cut Enterprises LLC.

Annapolis, Maryland
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 05-12-2006, 06:45 AM
Precision Precision is offline
LawnSite Gold Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Cocoa Florida
Posts: 3,021
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrewCutEnterprises
You havent gotten your bed finished yet or did i misunderstand that post?

Are you building it on a small frame?? I just wonder how it will work for you too.

I have my bed build. My fabricator did not build it like I designed it, but it works.

My bed is mounted on a ford ranger. We load 3 21inchers on ours. Once it starts raining here (we are 8 inches short for the year) it should become a real money maker. It already saves us 1-2 hours per day.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 05-12-2006, 05:48 PM
thomcat88 thomcat88 is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 5
Hey: saw your ad in the Savings Safari - have you gotten any calls?
you should check out another publication that will get you calls for less $$
Try the Little Coupon Book - it is in the Merritt Island area
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 05-13-2006, 01:40 PM
Precision Precision is offline
LawnSite Gold Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Cocoa Florida
Posts: 3,021
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomcat88
Hey: saw your ad in the Savings Safari - have you gotten any calls?
you should check out another publication that will get you calls for less $$
Try the Little Coupon Book - it is in the Merritt Island area
No rain equals very few calls.

Have not seen the little coupon book. Maybe next year. with such a slow start on the season this year, my ad budget is broke (and then some).
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.comô - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:58 AM.

Page generated in 0.12769 seconds with 7 queries