Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 05-13-2006, 09:05 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I will agree about the rain, we push for weekly mowing and we are also behind on rain, we got some last night and some last thursday but we have been cutting at 3.5 inches which is high for here to try to save the grass from burning.
Tk 4 98 Explorer 4.0 liter 4x4
Tk 5 96 Ford F250 Xcab long bed
Tk 6 97 Ford F250 Single Cab, 4x4 With 7.5 ft Fisher
Tr 1 - 16 ft Mowing trailer
Tr 2 - 12 ft dump trailer
Tr 3 - 10 ft utility trailer
Tr 4 - 12 ft Mowing trailer
Tr 5 - 18 ft Skid loader trailer
1992 Case 1840 Skid loader

Jason Rohrbaugh
Crew Cut Enterprises LLC.

Annapolis, Maryland
Old 05-16-2006, 07:00 PM
LawnSite Member

I like it! Leave the way it is. Simple.... Zen like. To the point, informative, well organized and the truck is a great touch. When I see that logo I know who I'm dealing with. Easy to remember and looks great. Now you just need to buy some mowers and learn how to use them! LOL... now thatís a smart a**
Old 05-16-2006, 08:29 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

After look at your site, I like it but I would check the wording of "weed eating" Trimming sounds more professional, as you guys hopefully are not using them on weeds, they are trimming grass. Also how do people find out how big of a lot they are on? They could lie about their lot size or just undoubtedly not know.

My .02 cents. Check my site out and compare, www.simplylawnmowing.com

Jason Rohrbaugh

Annapolis, Maryland
Old 05-16-2006, 08:49 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrewCutEnterprises
After look at your site, I like it but I would check the wording of "weed eating" Trimming sounds more professional, as you guys hopefully are not using them on weeds, they are trimming grass. Also how do people find out how big of a lot they are on? They could lie about their lot size or just undoubtedly not know.

Could you you not copy our business model & not 90% word for word? At least Simplymowing.com showed us the courtsey of that.
MJ
Old 05-16-2006, 11:09 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:

I use our property appraiser site to verify property (gross lot size).

I use weedeating because non-professionals don't know what line trimming is and to just say trimming leads to confusion about hedges.
Old 05-16-2006, 11:16 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:

just a question. I don't mind especially since we are in completely different states, but did you do a name / trademark search before naming your company (Simply Mowing) the same as mine. My protection is probably only in Florida, Not really sure. But I did go the entire route of incorporating to protect the name. Just wondering.

I agree with Mike and TJ, although I have use their idea, I did not directly copy it (as in cut and paste). Also I have been in communications with them and they are very aware of what I am doing and credit them whenever I can.

In all honesty the system isn't working. But it is not due to the system it is due to our damn drought. No rain means no growth which means no need to call the lawn guy. Hopefully once this mess ends I will get a bunch of calls and can get it running right. Mike and TJ are pioneers and I am happy to have been able to learn from them and adapt it to fit my area.

Thanks again guys.
Old 05-17-2006, 11:16 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Im sorry if I worded my information very closly to TJ's. I followed alot of your threads liked the way your web site was worded. If you would feel better if I worded it differently, thats fine just let me know where and what, and ill have my secretary do it the next day. Truthfully, you seem very busy and I never wanted to hound you about all of your ideas. Also by coping your business model, you mean your idea? Or the web site or...

I Sorry if your offended, Although I did build my web site from scratch. I also did talk to you several times on the forum about your business and how it worked. Let me know if you want anything changed.

And Precision.

Did you start a separate corporation? I did not. Ours is just a "SERVICE" not another company, under Crew Cut Enterprises we offer our simply lawn mowing service, small mowers for the preplanned community. I was going to open my idea last year in march but i dident finish the web site or the truck intime. I bought my web site in January.

As for the name, its only governed by your county,( I think) as long as they are like 50 or 100 miles away its ok. And you dont service the same area. There is another company near me that is called crewscut. Im not triing to argue, hope it works out for you. Pray for rain!!!

Jason Rohrbaugh

Annapolis, Maryland

Last edited by CrewCutEnterprises; 05-17-2006 at 11:22 PM.
Old 05-18-2006, 06:49 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Im sorry if I worded my information very closly to TJ's. I followed alot of your threads liked the way your web site was worded. If you would feel better if I worded it differently, thats fine just let me know where and what, and ill have my secretary do it the next day. Truthfully, you seem very busy and I never wanted to hound you about all of your ideas. Also by coping your business model, you mean your idea? Or the web site or...

I Sorry if your offended, Although I did build my web site from scratch. I also did talk to you several times on the forum about your business and how it worked. Let me know if you want anything changed.

And Precision.

Did you start a separate corporation? I did not. Ours is just a "SERVICE" not another company, under Crew Cut Enterprises we offer our simply lawn mowing service, small mowers for the preplanned community. I was going to open my idea last year in march but i dident finish the web site or the truck intime. I bought my web site in January.

As for the name, its only governed by your county,( I think) as long as they are like 50 or 100 miles away its ok. And you dont service the same area. There is another company near me that is called crewscut. Im not triing to argue, hope it works out for you. Pray for rain!!!

Mine are two completely separate companies. Different LLC's. Names are governed at a State and National level. I believe I only have the protection at state level, but my point is that you may want to check it out and get it trademarked in your area. I wish I had dreams of conquering the world and going national, but I really have no plans on franchising. Hell, I just need rain first to get over the first hump, then I will worry about bigger things.

Like I said, I don't really care. Just letting you know.
Old 05-19-2006, 09:41 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Hey I wanted to wish you luck witht the rain, luckily we just got some. I also thought florida always had rain or everyone had a sprinkler system..

Well let me know if you run into any snags or anything that would help either of us.

Good luck

Jason Rohrbaugh

Annapolis, Maryland
Old 05-19-2006, 11:28 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Hey I wanted to wish you luck witht the rain, luckily we just got some. I also thought florida always had rain or everyone had a sprinkler system..

Well let me know if you run into any snags or anything that would help either of us.

Good luck
we are usually the land of liquid sunshine. but that is very late this year.

Normally we have about 7-10 inches by now and we are at about 2.5"

Sure. So far my biggest snag is lack of rain.