Register free!

Old 04-03-2006, 04:49 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

the cores on the plugrr are like 2 3/4", i dont like the depth, ours go 3 1/2 to 4"
Old 04-04-2006, 01:42 AM
LawnSite Member

Chris,

The plugr's plug depth can be adjusted.

A 4" plug won't do any more for the lawn than 3". It just means you have more of a chance of hitting something.

You should try coming to Virginia at the end of August and pull a 4" plug in our clay soil.

Dennis
Old 04-05-2006, 09:42 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

We are soild clay here thats why we like the turfco. Its terribly heavy and pulls twice the plugs are 4 ryans do. and twice as deep in hard packed clay. the deeper the hole the deepr the roots go , and in clay its imperitive to go as deep as possible to remove as much clay as possible in our opinion. We have 6 aerators, and prefer the tow behinds for thier productivity price and quality of corring. We have hit 2 sprinkler lines in 10 years and those wer put in by homeowners not professionals. But i did not know they could be adjusted, the website never said that, they list the depth at 2 3/4 for all thier units
Old 04-05-2006, 09:52 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

My local Home Depot had a used one for sale, a Classen for $875.00
Old 04-10-2006, 12:52 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BravesFan
Rod,

I run 3 businesses and am scaling back my aeration business. I had employees this past fall running the machines. This year, it's only going to be me. I'll be picking and choosing the work I do.

The aerator has low hours and was purchased new about 8 months ago.

I actually have 3 plugr's available...all comparable shape. I'll give the buyer his/her choice of the lot.

Dennis
Did you find the Aerating business in VA to be profitable? I'm thinking of getting a Plugr 850 and want to make sure it will be a profitable service to add to my lawn care business. Also, were you able to aerate all season long, or just spring and fall? Thanks
McCulloch trimmer
Toro trimmer
Homelite blower
12x6 Enclosed Trailer
88 Chevy w/ 8 ft. bed
Old 04-10-2006, 01:48 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Spend the money once and get the pluggr 850H. You will be glad you did. Hills, going from turf to truck you will get tired of pushing. Plugger is the best I have used yet. Less fatigue, less work, closer core spaceings and less fuel used. I have used the bluebird, classen, and the billy goat. No way am I going back to the drum again and the billy goat pulls a worthless core.