Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 05-04-2001, 08:01 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Picking up some large area treatment customers (200,000 sqft+). What is a good unit to do this. I don't care if I need a separate rig for liquid and granular, just wan't something good...easy to calibrate, bulletproof, etc. Some of the bigger companies around here run stuff with 16 to 20 foot booms with foam and 75 gal tanks, but I've never seen a brand name. Maybe they built them.
Old 05-04-2001, 09:30 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Best place to get somthing like that would be a farm supply place. If you are just doing fert apps. you could use scotts, they come with a large spreader truck. They can do apps. for an area that size for less than you could probably buy the material for.
Good Luck,
Jim L
Old 05-04-2001, 09:48 PM
Banned

What are your concerns with drift? Also, explain access- 200k could mean different things.I have several sprayers and will post a photo on your needs.
Old 05-04-2001, 10:58 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I have not a big concern about drift as the areas are pretty much wide open. I have a Lesco 200 gal sidemount for tight areas. By 200 I mean several lawn with more than 200,000 square feet each. My Lesco will only treat 100,000 with the 2 gpm tip that I use on the gun. I am looking for a rig that can treat these areas and be competitive with the big nationwide companies.
Old 05-05-2001, 08:41 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

perm-a-green ride on
ant
Old 05-07-2001, 08:33 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

I've got a permagreen, and I wouldn't go that route. If it is good turf, look into that grasshopper rig. drift is eliminated, and you sit down. Dave g
Old 05-07-2001, 10:23 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Hey David... send it back if you hate it soo much.
I have been pleased with the perma-green.
Old 05-12-2001, 05:43 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

to be honest i love it as a spreader, but i am weary of the callbacks on the weeds it has missed. I know it is working properly, and i have experimented with rates on weedkiller,and it scares me to find my pre-emergent at the bottom of the tank. How much did it put out? on large properties or doubles and up, I use it as a spreader, but after the 2nd or 3rd callback, I went back to pulling the hose to kill weeds. I may send it back, but i'd like to have a replacement in place before doing so. That new surfer-like sprayer looks interesting... Dave
Old 05-12-2001, 08:55 AM
LawnSite Member

Give Westheffer Company a call. They are out of Lawrence, KS. and they manufacture sprayers from small to extra large. They will also custom build to your specs.
Old 05-12-2001, 09:34 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

I couldnt find a sprayer i liked,so I made one myself.It is a little big for transporting,I made it for the golf course,but i could make one on a reduced size for transport easily.I bought a 5hp briggs/hydro centrifical pump.It delivers 70 psi/100 GPM.It was $695 alone,my boom is 3 piece,folding,has a 20 ft solid lower section,and each wing folds up and on top of the lower,I used HD commercial door hinges for the folding pins,and 1" square stock,1/8" thick for all the boom,with 1/2" steel rod to reinforce,and truss the boom.Mt spray width is 42 ft when open.I have a 150 gallon tank now,and its mounted on a Cushman truckster,which is basically a 1/4 scale 3/4 ton truck,that still has 1500 lb payload.I used to pull the bomm on a shrt trailer with my Ford tractor,and then I had a 465 gallon tank,and could spray almost the whole golf course in 2 fills.With the 150 gallon its still not bad,and now its much more manueverable,I can go right on the greens with it,2 swipes does almost all my greens.I put trimec/Iron on my lawn this week,and I did 7 acres in 15 minutes,one fill.If i can ever get my digital camera Cd loaded in my puter Ill put some pics up.