Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 03-14-2006, 12:13 PM
LawnSite Member

JD 3320 vs. Kubota 3130

Well I have my choices narrowed down to the JD 3320 and the Kubota 3130. The JD would have the 300cx loader. The Kubota would have the LA723 loader. Both dealers are close and both are good.
Either one will be hydrostatic. Price wise the Deere is $2000.00 cheaper. I got quoted $22,000 for the Kubota, $20,000 for the Deere.
They both look really comparible. I like the ergonamics of the Deere better. The kubota itself looks a little bigger in size. I like the R4 tires on the Deere better.

On either one I will be adding the backhoe and harley rake down the road.

What do you guys think??
06 Exmark 60" 30hp Lazer Triton
06 Navigator 20/48
06 Kubota L3430
Old 03-14-2006, 03:03 PM
LawnSite Member

I'd go with the Deere. I own a 3120 with the 300cx loader and I love it and have plans to purchase a larger twenty series tractor in the future to add more horsepower and another tractor. I compared both also when I made my purchase and although I own a Kubota B7500 and a Kubota M6800 I like the Deere much better. Deere will also be what I purchase in the future.

As for the front end loaders... The position of the control stick for the loader on the twenty series tractors blows Kubota away. It's in the perfect spot for long days of comfortable use.

On another note... I purchased mine with the 47 hoe... If I could do it all again I'd skip the hoe and use the money as a down payment on a mini excavator. I just don't use the backhoe very much unless it's for a very small dig. It's very limited by it's size.
Walk with confidence, stand tall and proud, smile so you may be smiled upon. For we live in difficult and challenging times. It is up to us to make a difference for our future. Let your humanity, dignity, and kindness shine so bright, that no darkness can ever deny you...
Old 03-15-2006, 11:19 PM
LawnSite Member

I have a 3130, It is used to load Mulch and stone in a landscape yard. Mine was a new demo so it had 100 hours on it, with a woods 1009 loader (new) for $16,900 Only thing it needed was a weight box for the rear, and the quicktach bucket kit. Other than that I love it.
Old 03-16-2006, 06:09 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

3130 is underpowered for the size. Please look @ 3430 or 3830. (Yes I have a 3130 with 723 loader)
http://www.PlanetLandscaping.net "Helping keep Earth Green" We use Ford F550 powerstrokes ,Mistubishi cabovers,Kubota Tractors and Excavators, Scag turf tigers,Exmark Lazers,Wright Standers, Shindiawa, Redmax , Finn Hydroseeder's and a bunch of other goodies. International Assoiciation of Hydroseeding Professionals, President: .
Old 03-16-2006, 09:20 AM
LawnSite Member

Go For The Deere.The E-Hydro(Load Match) Is Nice Since You Don't Get The Hydro Stallout Like Mechanical Hydros.
Old 03-16-2006, 02:17 PM
LawnSite Member

I have the Kubota set up like your looking at. I love it. As far as a tractor goes, it's done everything I wanted it to do.
Old 03-26-2006, 10:21 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

MJM......either machine is good. I personally own a Kubota with all the implements made for it.....including a backhoe.
This weekend I took inventory of implements and it is my goal to liquidate many of them, including the back-hoe, this week because they are no longer cost effective. With the mini-ex out there now and readily available, those little guys walk circles around the tractor backhoe and have made my backhoe obsolete.
Old 03-27-2006, 11:36 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I looked at both machines this year and ended up with a Deere 3520. Either one is a solid machine. I chose the Deere for the dealer and overall I felt it was a nicer machine to operate. I was much more comfortable operating the Deere. You might sit on the Kubota and feel it fits you better. Size wise I liked the kubota better but the Deere has not been too big to go where I need it so far. I really did not like the Kubota hydraulic pedal and thought the Deere was faster and would require less effort over time in repetitive cycles. A 16 hour snow removal job this winter after 2 knee surgeries in a week, prior to the storm told me I made the right descision.

It's really a matter of personal prefference and the strength of your dealership. I know Kubota is a solid machine and has a huge following. I think Deere has only recently woke up to the beating it has taken from Kubota in terms of market share for quite some time.

Buy the one you prefer to operate all day long if you had too. You will eventually.
Old 03-28-2006, 10:57 PM
LawnSite Member

I have a 4310 deere, which is about equal to 3320 and have seat time in a 3130 'bota. Go with the Deere. Everything about it is more comfortable. When I get on my Deere it is just easier to get work done, and thats the whole point, right? I could not get comfortable in the Kubota easily and it felt akward. The price is already in Deere's favor, although I would negotiate a little more on it. For reference I paid 16.2k for mine new with 21 hours in dec 2004, so use that as a guide. Like I said go with the Deere and you will be very happy.
Old 03-30-2006, 04:36 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I have a 4310 as well and can not say enough good things about it. It is just an all around great tractor. Like vadeere, when I looked at the Kubota I just could not get comftorable. I even rented it for the weekend just to try it out. Well, I guess I'll always be a Deere guy!