Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 04-03-2006, 10:20 PM
LawnSite Member

So after I paid....

this ********* of a customer calls to say " I think I got took." Asking him to explain , he says we did not take long enough to do the job right. The jobcalled for me to use my tractor w/pulveriser to tear up the yard, spread topsoil and amend it in. I used the tractor, 5guys and my 8yr old for good measure. It took us five hours. Completely raked out(by hand) seed ,fert & straw. He now wants me return and rototill the yard.WHILE HE WATCHES!!

WHAT WOULD YOU DO? By the way check has been deposited . Went to bank and got it in certified funds.
Old 04-03-2006, 10:22 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

i would never return his phone calls, and make believe he never exsisted
Old 04-03-2006, 10:43 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

If he hired you to install a seeded lawn and he never asked for it to be roto tilled nor did you say it would be then he got what he payed for. Tell him that. Roto tilling is not the way to prepare a lawn for seeding unless you need to add soil ammendments.
Old 04-03-2006, 11:12 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbygedd
i would never return his phone calls, and make believe he never exsisted
thats kinda my way of thinkin.
Old 04-03-2006, 11:41 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Tell him OK and you get to start over and get paid again if you already seeded it and watching cost an extra $500. That way he'll never call you again
Old 04-03-2006, 11:44 PM
LawnSite Member

I tried...

to explain to this guy that rototilling wasn't the way to go. I'm going over there Saturday to try and smooth things over w/customer. This is a great neighborhood to work in. I dont need this guy screwing that up. He is just SOL, cause the checks in the bank.
Old 04-03-2006, 11:48 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

The only thing that matters is that the lawn comes up. If you have to reseed bare spots next year do it. Maybe fertilize it a couple times to make sure it looks good and call it a day and be glad the check cleared. You never want to piss off a customer but you can certainly part ways on good terms. He paid you to do it your way. If he wants it done his way he can pay more. Good luck.
Old 04-03-2006, 11:51 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

If the rototilling did not come up and was not discussed when he told you what he wanted done..or you told him whaat you were gonna do..then it was not within the scope of the work requested...too bad so sad..he should have said something before.
Old 04-04-2006, 10:04 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

he probably talked to a know-it-all that told him it should have been done. He is just flexing his muscles trying to push you around. As for seeding bare spots, you've got to be crazy or overpaid to guarantee establishment. He isn't paying you to water or fert apps later this year. If you feel like you did what you were supposed to do then blow him off. As for wanting to watch you on a Saturday, this is bullshit.
Old 04-04-2006, 08:06 PM
LawnSite Member

Im sure

Quote:
Originally Posted by start2finish
he probably talked to a know-it-all that told him it should have been done. He is just flexing his muscles trying to push you around. As for seeding bare spots, you've got to be crazy or overpaid to guarantee establishment. He isn't paying you to water or fert apps later this year. If you feel like you did what you were supposed to do then blow him off. As for wanting to watch you on a Saturday, this is bullshit.
He had another guy planting some shrubs him by the road. I'm sure they spoke after I left.