Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 04-04-2006, 03:24 PM
LawnSite Member

Thumbs down Vista jacking prices

Anyone else hear that Vista jacked their list prices 6% across the board? Or is my distributor taking me for a ride? Sticking a PAR-36 into a sewer pipe fitting and burying it in the ground is suddenly feeling like a very appealing thing to do.
Old 04-05-2006, 09:40 AM
LawnSite Member

That is correct as of 4-1-2006 Vista increased list prices by 6% across the board.
Old 04-05-2006, 01:06 PM
LawnSite Member

That sucks. So that's why my distributor said he has to get me some new pricing info. Oh, well it's still cheaper than cast.
Travis Schiffner
ShadowScapes
Old 04-05-2006, 01:31 PM
Sponsor

Trying to save a few dollars in fixture cost is a pointless effort. The most successful installers buy the best possible materials and set prices accordingly.

The best investment in your business is in building your reputation as a designer who never compromises on quality.
Old 04-05-2006, 02:30 PM
LawnSite Member

Travisty, Check out the sponsor of this site Frog lights. I heard he's got some stuff that is similar to cast with lower prices.
Old 04-05-2006, 07:38 PM
Sponsor

I repeat:

Trying to save a few dollars in fixture cost is a pointless effort. The most successful installers buy the best possible materials and set prices accordingly.

The best investment in your business is in building your reputation as a designer who never compromises on quality.
Old 04-06-2006, 03:22 AM
LawnSite Member

Hands down I believe Vista and FX have the best fixtures and transformers on the market. I am not knocking Hadco, Kichler, Nightscaping, Cast or Unique because they have a place in the market. Vista can get special orders in large quantities out within 24 hours and of course FX has some high quality fixtures that are best in class. Just my 2 cents and I have been in the industry for most of my 36 years and have tried just about every manufacturer at one time or another.
Old 04-06-2006, 07:18 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHotShotKid
Travisty, Check out the sponsor of this site Frog lights. I heard he's got some stuff that is similar to cast with lower prices.
If you look in some trade magazines you will find a company with the same accent lights that froglights offer for 50-100% off. I am not going to disclose the website since frog is a sponsor here. I and there is NO WAY in my opinion that you can even mention Frogs products with Cast in the same sentence. I am starting to think that HOT SHOT is a mole from Froglights. Conspiracy theory?
Old 04-06-2006, 08:01 AM
LawnSite Member

Prices

Sorry but Hot Shot is not associated in any way with us. We are expanding our product line and lowering our prices. As a small company our problem is distribution and we are working toward correcting that. We are extremely busy and the goods are flying out. We offer special prices to Lawn Site members (20% off wholesale and free shipping) but we cannot ship just one or two pieces, minimum order is $250. Life time warranty, great transformers, LED products, stainless steel, Brass, and our large heavy duty cast brass fixture is on special at $30 with or without glare guard. We will soon be introducing our paver light line. Our natural copper light fixtures are beautiful. The Path lights we sell at $40 reg. wholesale are $100 to $120 elsewhere. We should have new catalogs, and updated web soon. If anyone is at all interested, please feel free to call. All fixtures come with bulbs and long wire.
WEB: www.frog-lights.com
EMAIL: frog_lights@yahoo.com
Old 04-06-2006, 11:55 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

hey frog could you send me a catalog and some pamplets for the customers, and maybe a price list. send me an email to gammon_l@hotmail.com and i will send you my mailing info
agri metal strawblower
more power and hand tools than i haul