Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 03-31-2006, 07:03 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Books from Nilsson Associates for landscapers?

Hi,
I have been receiving flyers in the mail for Profit building books for Landscapers and wondering if anyone has bought any of these and if they are any help? The link is http://www.turfquip.com/nilsson.html for the books and prices. Any help would be greatly appreciated before I decide to buy any of these.

Jason
3- 36" walk behinds
16'X8' trailer
3 Stihl FS100 weedwackers,
2 echo PB-650 backpack blowers,
1 Little Wonder 11hp blower.
Lesco walk behind Aerator
Old 03-31-2006, 11:54 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Looks interesting. I'm also coureous.
Old 04-01-2006, 09:58 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

beware of phil nilsson

you'll get as good if not better help here....for free
Old 04-04-2006, 08:14 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Oh Christ, NOOOO! Don't bring up the name of "he who shall not be named"!! Do a search for that name. Should bring up some interesting results. I think he was banned from this site. He also almost destroyed the Lawn and Landscaping forums with his extreme spamming.

Due to his extraordinarily childish posting on internet forums, I find it hard to believe that he would have any information worth actually paying for.
Old 04-04-2006, 08:19 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

I'm lost he has l s forum why is he bad.
Old 04-04-2006, 08:49 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tvov
Due to his extraordinarily childish posting on internet forums, I find it hard to believe that he would have any information worth actually paying for.
Just wanted to repeat that. I have no idea if this guy knows the LCO business, but from the way he conducted himself in the past on professional forums, I wouldn't pay him anything.
Old 04-04-2006, 02:07 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turf Doctor
I'm lost he has l s forum why is he bad.
he is a preditor.
he preys on the innocent.

the reasons he has been banned on many green industry message boards...
he claims to have owned a very successful landscaping company (yet no one knows where, when, how long...now that maynot be anyones business to know those things....but if you claim to be an expert surely you want to tell your back ground story?)

he gets very childish when he gets called out on some of the horrible advice he has given (again rather than explaining his reasoning he starts name calling...makes one wonder, if he is so knowledgeable, why he doest defend his advice)

his actual product, though he may make it seem like a real value, is paperback crap that you already know

the email spam thing is true....dont give your email address to him or anyone associated with him

his target market is the young and inexperienced...which is why he gets into these types of message boards
(he really is no different than some sleeze ball wearing a trench coat hanging around a grammer school looking for his next victim)

go to any other measage board and bring up his name...you'll hear the same things

beware of philly nillson
Old 04-06-2006, 12:34 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Does anyone know who Kevin Trudeau is? Well, him to the medical field is the same as others to the landscape field. They are not involved, never have been, nor ever will be,..but sell books on it.
You ever watch these late night infommercials with these get-rich-quick schemes? You know, ... the ones that have the people like the couple sitting at the bar on the beach explaining how they now make $20,000 to $50,000 a month foir sitting at home? The commercials that show the people standing next to the limo that's parked in front of the Lear jet (even though of course, they own neither). there is the guy who is all spazzed out saying you can become a millioinare by running useless ads in different newspapers and magazines,...There is the people that say you can become a real estate mogul by buying houses with no money down (yeah, right), ...just borrow money from someone else.
Anyway, these people who DO these infomercials did NOT make their money by the "success plan" they are advertising. Their "success plan" is selling books and cassettes to unsuspecting people who don't know any better and get taken IN by these types of schemes. Just like was said on this thread earlier, they prey on people who are more desperate and needy - esPECially if they can focus in on people who are involved in a particular industry. Coming into an industry forum and pushing you stuff is like shooting fish in a barrel.

Thank you, Dad - for always being the dad that you were. You truly are my hero. You always were.