Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 04-05-2006, 02:19 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Mix tank qustion

I once saw a 5 gallon tank for mix fuel. It was taller then wide, and didnt look like regular gas tanks. It has a rubber hose with a spigot on the end. So the tank stayed on the trailer and you just used the hose and opened and closed it to fill the 2 cycle machines... anyone know about it or know where to get it?
Old 04-05-2006, 05:43 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I made a similar setup on one of my old trailers and it worked quite well. Go to the Auto Parts store and buy a universal elec fuel pump, a toggle switch, some rubber fuel hose, some primary wire and the cheapest battery you can find. Then go to Home Depot in the garden dept and buy a metal nozzle for a spray wand. Take it all home and assemble it and you've got yourself an electric fuel pump fill-r-upper. The battery, once charged, will last a couple of months before needing charged again.
http://www.klawns.com
Old 04-05-2006, 07:53 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

hm... this didnt have any motors or anything.. the hose was at the bottom of the container, and when opened the fuel just came out.. gravity feed.
Old 04-05-2006, 08:57 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

check this out fro northern tool
http://www.northerntool.com/webapp/w...7&storeId=6970
http://www.northerntool.com/webapp/w...0&storeId=6970
2004 exmark metro hp 36"15 kawasaki

echo srm 261 t
echo pas 230
edger,hedgetrimmer,brush cutter
echo srm 230 trimmer
echo pb 230 Ln blower
echo h c 150 hedge trimmer
echo pb 651 blower
echo pe 260 edger

an't that a kick in the head
Old 04-06-2006, 12:35 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

I don't know...all I can say is that I REALLY really like the reular 2 1/2 gal. cans for 2 stroke equip.. Just too easy to handle and too easy to use.

Thank you, Dad - for always being the dad that you were. You truly are my hero. You always were.
Old 04-06-2006, 12:52 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner
I don't know...all I can say is that I REALLY really like the reular 2 1/2 gal. cans for 2 stroke equip.. Just too easy to handle and too easy to use.
Ditto that. I'm using the Blitz cans. I like cans that are wide, and not tall. They don't tip over like the tall cans do. I had several of these that had a Briggs label on them, can't find them anymore and I needed new cans. I bought the Blitz cans because they weren't as tippy as the others I found. Of course, everything is ventless now, pita. I use the 2 1/2 for 2 cycle equip, 5 for the big stuff. For easy use, put a gallon in and mark a line on the outside, you'll know hot to mix when not at a gas station.
Old 04-06-2006, 12:10 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I do the same now, Just dont like actually moving the can around, spilling etc.. this one the container was bungeed inside the trailer rack and all you had to use was the fuel hose and turn on the nozzle at the end..... you didnt even have to move the tank to refill it.. its much easier.. cleaner.. less of a hassle then 2 1/2 gal tanks
Old 04-06-2006, 10:00 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

I use a 5 gal mixed fuel can for my LawnBoy. That fuel is poured through a funnel into the tank on the mower. But, for the 2 cycle equipment, I use two 2.5 gal cans (Wedco) with a No-Spill nozzle. Those nozzles used to be available as a part, but now I think they are only available as part of the can. In other words, one cannot buy the nozzle itself, one has to buy can + nozzle. The nozzle has saved much spillage and works well. The screw mechanism to afix to the can is weak, however. It broke soon after being put into use, but still works without leaking.
Old 04-06-2006, 11:09 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I dont know if everyone is getting my idea.. I mean I know its not hard to pour gas from a traditional tank into whatever your filling up... just using the thing I am talking about it so easy and not a pain in the ass